Author Topic: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)  (Read 112942 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Atamara (Post-Great Atamaran War)
« Reply #270: February 24, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
If player of Merlin spreads falsehood on forums, then player of Jason will counter him (if he gets enough time from real life).

If Merlin needs peace, then probably he should start let others live in peace. It was him who was planting bomb in my pretty house  :'(

That's what you don't understand. I am NOT spreading falsehoods. If you want to believe my character is lying, then do so all you want.

All you have is a list of letters taken way out of context. You don't understand the discussions taking place at the time or how they are meant to be received.

*I* as a player am trying to be 100% honest when I say that my character had ZERO intention for CE to be harmed in any way with his actions. Letters of his may make this "look" untrue when taken out of context, but I am telling you the truth. Merlin lied out of his ass to get people to believe what he wants them to believe or to join him. This also means that he sent drastically different letters to the different rulers on Atamara. Each ruler received a different tactic to try and get them to join his empire. The only people who received a fully "truthful" version of this tale were his allies, (CE, Tara, Talerium, Strombran).

The entire point of this was not a betrayal but to establish the diplomatic framework for different warfare as established before. Merlin's character prohibits him from EVER fighting CE. Merlin wanted Coria to grow stronger and to do so without coming into conflict with CE. Now, his next diplomatic actions wouldn't have been necessarily supported by CE, because he wanted to fight Rieleston, but they also wouldn't have been explicitly opposed by CE. There are only two reasons that CE would not want Coria to fight Rieleston: 1. They don't want Coria to get stronger, 2. They want Rieleston to be their newest puppet in the north. This circumstance was to give Merlin a way to maneuver the political situation whereby Coria could fight a war against Rieleston and CE wouldn't interfere. Thus, Coria moves up to a fourth duchy and is now just as strong as Tara.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for you to tell ME what my "intentions" are. You don't know. So, don't call me a liar for saying that when you don't know what they are, and that I'm misrepresenting things. Coria would never fight CE under Merlin's rule, and any careful examination of even all of the letters you'd read would make this clear. Once you lock Merlin into a public statement regarding his policy he will stand by it completely. To go against any public statement would deprive him of any honor. Yet, all of his public statements were simply disregarded. Merlin publicly stated on multiple occasions that he would NEVER under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE come into conflict with CE while he ruled Coria.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."