Author Topic: Mobile site users! Your input wanted! And actually USED! In real code!  (Read 10554 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I agree that the colors should be the same between the two sites. I use both regularly. Changing would be confusing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
I think the white of the text on your second suggestion is a bit too bright. It hurts the eyes somewhat. I remember having to use the lightest grey when I was writing on black background.

Also, the letter title could be a little less bold, so the characters don't mix together too much.

I second and third the request to put a bit more space between every link on the mobile site: there's been a whole lot of missclicks.
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
All feedback has been incorporated. I'll update with images tomorrow or Monday. Black letters are out, though. Perhaps a dark grey. If I have to push the change to the main site for consistency, maybe we can do that.

Gustav Kuriga

Why exactly is the black letter out? It works perfectly fine on my phone, so you're both needlessly changing the color and probably causing a ton of confusion in the first place.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Two things regarding the new mobile CSS:

1) DO NO LIKE the new gray color for letters. Really, really, really do not like. For 7 years, gray has meant OOC. Changing it now is a Bad Thing. I'm going to constantly be thinking I'm flooded with OOC letters.

2) The new collapsible menu overlaps the page title. (The News or Action or whatever page title.)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Both points noted. I'll fix the letter color. The overlap is just a temporary problem. That menu is a skeleton of what it will be. Did those changes get pushed to live? That shouldn't have happened.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Both points noted. I'll fix the letter color. The overlap is just a temporary problem. That menu is a skeleton of what it will be. Did those changes get pushed to live? That shouldn't have happened.
I agree with Indirik on what he said though I do like the new menu except that it stays at the top of the page and there is nothing to click to get to the top quickly either. And yes the changes are on live.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I love that the messages have color now. I missed that.

The extra space around list items is good. Can something be done with the Send Message page? The various selections are pretty crowded.

I am finding the collapsing menu annoying. Every time you want to do anything, you have to use the menus. It is constantly being used, so I have to keep opening it every time I do something. Also, it's so tall that I have to scroll to see the bottom half of it. That makes accessing it a two click process instead of one, unless it's on the bottom half, and then it's click, scroll, click. While it's an interesting concept to hide the menus, I think this implementation is actually counterproductive. If it was always visible, that would be different. But as it is, I have to scroll back to the top to see it any way, so making it smaller doesn't gain us anything.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

2) The new collapsible menu overlaps the page title. (The News or Action or whatever page title.)
I not only had problems with it overlaping the title page but when it expands it expands over links such as when I play a charcter who has no new messages or in my advetnure charcter alot.

Overall I like it. While it is a bit more scrolling I like the information page.

Gustav Kuriga

the letters are still grey on the mobile site. i keep having to double check to make sure it says letter rather than OOC on the grey ones.

Gustav Kuriga

See above, this is especially confusing if there are ooc messages mixed in. Please reverse colors of letters and ooc messages.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
See above, this is especially confusing if there are ooc messages mixed in. Please reverse colors of letters and ooc messages.

I pushed this change through. Just waiting for it to post to the live server.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I rarely use the mobile site, but doing so the other day made me reply OOC to IC letters because the grey made me think their letters was OOC.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
I rarely use the mobile site, but doing so the other day made me reply OOC to IC letters because the grey made me think their letters was OOC.

I have also done this before.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
So does the mobile site work or ...?
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)