Author Topic: Post invasion politics  (Read 59423 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Post invasion politics
« Reply #45: February 06, 2013, 10:48:31 AM »
!@#$ing "Aliens from the Past". They have a "modern" or "alien" explanation for everything. Gods marching to war? NOOOO! Mechs and spaceships! In Beluaterra? Sounds funny. Why not? Demons, monsters, undeads... and armored Gods marching, firing rockets!

It's better don't have a faith... so far ;)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #46: February 06, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »

I love the fact that you put Battletech/Mechwarrior as two separate things. Anyways, the point is that you seem to have an issue with generalizing things, as well as a lack of creativity when it comes to the formation of religions.

Also, the reason you may have never heard them described like that in battle is because you've heard it from the perspective of ancient civilizations, to whom many modern technologies would look like magic, let alone nanotechnology.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: February 06, 2013, 10:51:22 AM »
!@#$ing "Aliens from the Past". They have a "modern" or "alien" explanation for everything. Gods marching to war? NOOOO! Mechs and spaceships! In Beluaterra? Sounds funny. Why not? Demons, monsters, undeads... and armored Gods marching, firing rockets!

It's better don't have a faith... so far ;)

Well its all metaphorical clearly, they believe any good thing happening while fighting rogues is one of there gods missiles or such striking down to earth.
fighting rogues grants you the power of the gods.
Or at least that's what i understand from it. (alinea 3 the wya of daishi on there wiki)

Still those gods could also be interpreted as the daimons.
They could easily be labeled as Daimon worshipers. (see the 4th and the 5th alinea of the way of Daishi)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:55:41 AM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: February 06, 2013, 11:44:38 AM »
Sorry, but Robotech/Battletech/MechWarrior/Gundam are all the same premise.  They just had different levels of technology to drive the same concepts. 

Also, never quite heard actual myths make the Greco-Roman gods sound anything like that in battle.  Books from the mid 2000s aren't the first to allude to technology = magic, mind you.

I once read a book (Olympos) where post-humans terraformed Mars and turned themselves into Greek gods living on Mount Olympus with nanotechnology and quantum teleported to ancient Greece to intervene in the Trojan War. Pretty interesting actually how sufficiently advanced technology would make possible everything the ancients viewed as the powers of the gods.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #49: February 06, 2013, 09:45:02 PM »
That is the very book (you actually missed the first book, Illium) I was referencing.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #50: February 06, 2013, 09:57:24 PM »
Apparently he just skims your posts, Gustav!

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: February 07, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »
Still those gods could also be interpreted as the daimons.
They could easily be labeled as Daimon worshipers. (see the 4th and the 5th alinea of the way of Daishi)

Please don't do this.

The "sci-fi" feel pushed by Prudent was not approved by -- or even a result of collaboration with -- the other invasion GMs.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Eirikr

« Reply #52: February 09, 2013, 08:25:17 AM »
Hey guys, I'm going to go start a war, okay?

And now we wait.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: February 10, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »
I suppose that takes Invictus out of the election? Interesting...
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: February 10, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »
Damn assassins ;)
Serpentis again!

Eirikr

« Reply #55: February 10, 2013, 04:48:54 PM »
 ;D

If that doesn't start a war, expect some more surprises.

What position was a "Praetor" anyway? Judge?

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: February 10, 2013, 05:27:43 PM »
Yes, and taking down the judge is always interesting.

Considering the bloodspeakers having given themselves lots of different positions the last days, it will be fun to see how they handle the election. Will someone dare to run in it for real or will they get a temporary one?

My source of just information just disappeared :p
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Eirikr

« Reply #57: February 10, 2013, 05:40:26 PM »
Yes, and taking down the judge is always interesting.

Considering the bloodspeakers having given themselves lots of different positions the last days, it will be fun to see how they handle the election. Will someone dare to run in it for real or will they get a temporary one?

My source of just information just disappeared :p

Boom, headshot. ;)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: February 10, 2013, 09:49:34 PM »
It's hard to find someone out of the BS when so many nobles belongs to the religion. Happily, it's easy to find new Judges or just wait to appoint the same.

Happy carnaval, folks!
Serpentis again!

Eirikr

« Reply #59: February 10, 2013, 11:02:39 PM »
It's hard to find someone out of the BS when so many nobles belongs to the religion. Happily, it's easy to find new Judges or just wait to appoint the same.

Happy carnaval, folks!

I'll be honest, I did want to create a religious war, but I saw him and guessed he had enough titles to be important. (And don't worry, this isn't simply OOC, I've been looking for good targets for some time.)