Author Topic: Kingdom of Coria  (Read 24899 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Coria
« Reply #30: February 25, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
How is this mean to be received :" we could have Coria join a new and united north and south against CE and Tara."

As I said this was taken out of context. Want to know what I was responding to? He was proposing a solution to a "What IF" scenario whereby Tara declared war on Coria and attacked us from the south. We were considering what the possible responses would be to Coria assimilating a fourth duchy. One possible outcome that was considered, is that Tara wouldn't like Coria becoming stronger so we would need to be prepared for this eventuality.

Is that statement betrayal now?

And this one? : "Coria could manuever our ability to cut off our allies from reaching the Barony of Makar, and in addition one of the first acts of such an empire would be to influence CE to stand down in their plans to attack the Barony"

Also taken way out of context. Did Raoul even give you the letters surrounding these, or only my letters? Merlin was trying to coordinate an agreement with Raoul whereby BoM would lose a duchy to Minas Leon, and use that lost duchy as a major concession by BoM to CE for the end of the war against the Barony. This would provide a legitimate platform for CE to work out harsh terms against BoM, but also benefit Coria at the same time. So yes, I would negotiate for BoM if i felt it would benefit CE, BoM, ML, and Coria from a long drawn out war and give Coria positive grounds.

Is that statement betrayal now?

And this one, the biggest one?: "I also plan to try and convince one or more dukes to secede from Tara or CE to join the Empire with their duchies."

I've already addressed this one in-game and will leave that in-game.

Oh yeah...I know, I know. Look the above extracts from letters. Do they really mean that Merlin had ZERO intention? Someday someone will do the same to you, then maybe you could understand the pain of being back-stabbed and being lied to in face. At least do yourself a favor and retain your honor as a player by not lying on forums.

Yes, Merlin had ZERO intention as I've been trying to make this clear. Read the context for those various letters, and you'll understand. Of course the characters in game have NO IC REASON to let you know what context they were written in. Why should they? It benefits them for Merlin to be taken down a notch. So they'll do what they can to pull off that end. It benefits them to pull letters from over 30 days previously and send them to you. I don't have the time or inclination to respond to 50 different letters to explain every single word taken out of context. Especially when Jason had those letters for weeks before revealing them to the League in an attempt to MAKE Merlin get out of line first. Jason set up Merlin the entire way. If he truly had a concern he should have addressed them with me privately as soon as he received the letters.

Finally, I would like to say, you broke our hearts..... I never felt so betrayed in my life.

I stand by the fact that you got played. I can forward you html saved copies of the entirety of all of Merlin's conversations to prove it, but I shouldn't have to. No one can contest the contexts which I've outlined here. Merlin would never betray the Cagilan Empire. But, his enemies convinced your character that he would.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."