Author Topic: The Resistance  (Read 35497 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Resistance
« Reply #90: March 04, 2013, 12:51:13 PM »
A good analysis. Just a heads up, I'm not the agent, I lead us to victory in round 1. I would not clear Dishman just yet though, as rebels have to sabotage the missions as often as possible as they need three points, and to keep us from getting them. If we'd gotten 2 to the rebels 0, I can see how it would frighten them into wanting to take the risk and allowing Dishman to be exposed. I am not convinced Dishman is clean.

If a sabotage vote comes, then we know Lefanis is a spy. This is the identifier part of the plan.

You were going pretty well, then you said this, and it smells of a rat. You're obviously not stupid, but you messed up here. There are more outcomes, let me spell out one for you.

We know nothing about you. Who is to say you aren't the imperial spy? You might be the spy, setting me up for a fall if the mission fails.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 12:53:58 PM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: March 04, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
OK, since the first round was a success...I feel confident that we have only 1 spy in the mission that failed. Since they can't effectively communicate, it is unlikely that multiple spies would coordinate a success mission. Therefore, we need a completely new setup to help isolate the other spy. Once we have 2 groups with a confirmed spy, then we can either avoid them or minimize picking the spy.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Thomasgriff

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: March 04, 2013, 11:03:13 PM »
I agree with the plan. Looking back on what I said, it sounded clearer in my head than what I put down and Arrundel basically sumed it up.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:32:14 PM by Thomasgriff »
Silence is golden, but Ductape is silver.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: March 04, 2013, 11:38:33 PM »
A good analysis. Just a heads up, I'm not the agent, I lead us to victory in round 1. I would not clear Dishman just yet though, as rebels have to sabotage the missions as often as possible as they need three points, and to keep us from getting them. If we'd gotten 2 to the rebels 0, I can see how it would frighten them into wanting to take the risk and allowing Dishman to be exposed. I am not convinced Dishman is clean.

You were going pretty well, then you said this, and it smells of a rat. You're obviously not stupid, but you messed up here. There are more outcomes, let me spell out one for you.

We know nothing about you. Who is to say you aren't the imperial spy? You might be the spy, setting me up for a fall if the mission fails.

The problem with your analysis on Dishman is there is no coordination. The spies can't be frightened into "allowing" Dishman to be exposed. To repeat myself, it is more than likely that one of the original three waited until the second turn to sabotage, faking their allegiance in the first mission while having the ability to pin it on Dishman afterwards. If Dishman was a spy, and the spies were afraid in general, then I am more than certain that two votes would have surfaced instead of one.

No, I'm obviously not stupid. The point of my plan is to force the spies into a corner. They'll have to take one of the two options presented to them, risking their identities if they try to fight off said choice. The fact that I've possibly put you in a corner resonates in your immediate reversal against me. You either feel threatened, you want the plan to fail, or you want to shift suspicion my way, which are all reactions of a typical spy. You're also not absolved of guilt just because you "lead the first team to victory." The running suspicion, as stated above, is that one of the original three faked allegiance to the rebels. You are one of the original three, hence you are suspected.

OK, since the first round was a success...I feel confident that we have only 1 spy in the mission that failed. Since they can't effectively communicate, it is unlikely that multiple spies would coordinate a success mission. Therefore, we need a completely new setup to help isolate the other spy. Once we have 2 groups with a confirmed spy, then we can either avoid them or minimize picking the spy.

This is exactly what Thomasgriff wanted to do, and it would've worked last turn when the rebels had the lead. If we try to isolate the spies this turn, then the spies will undoubtedly gain another point. Should they gain another point, they'd only require one more for victory. The risk of choosing an entirely different team is far too high for the reward of possibly identifying more spies.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Thomasgriff

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: March 04, 2013, 11:48:03 PM »
If this fails my choice for the group will be very difficult

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: March 05, 2013, 01:51:04 AM »
Well, I can't say that I disagree with Arundel's explanation, other than I would not clear Dishman and Thomasgriff as of yet. Even if the latter voted against the previous team (or precisely because of that) I think that he's not the traitor, but that doesn't free him completely as of yet. The same goes for Dishman, so nobody is clear. I accept that that goes for me as well, it's only fair that way, but we can not clear ANYONE. It always smells fishy when people try to clear other people without actual proof.

But my vote goes for the proposed team. Let's hope that you are right, Arundel, and that YOU aren't an spy.
D'Espana Family

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: March 07, 2013, 04:00:33 AM »
The Imperial Spies are made aware of each other without the Resistance members knowing - the only thing the Resistance members know is how many spies exist, not who they are.
The problem with your analysis on Dishman is there is no coordination. The spies can't be frightened into "allowing" Dishman to be exposed. To repeat myself, it is more than likely that one of the original three waited until the second turn to sabotage, faking their allegiance in the first mission while having the ability to pin it on Dishman afterwards. If Dishman was a spy, and the spies were afraid in general, then I am more than certain that two votes would have surfaced instead of one.

They don't have to coordinate, but they know who their teammates are. The same principle holds true, if they are already 1 down, all individual spies would risk exposing their neck so that they don't go 2 down.

You sound awfully convinced Dishman is innocent. I wonder why.

No, I'm obviously not stupid. The point of my plan is to force the spies into a corner. They'll have to take one of the two options presented to them, risking their identities if they try to fight off said choice. The fact that I've possibly put you in a corner resonates in your immediate reversal against me. You either feel threatened, you want the plan to fail, or you want to shift suspicion my way, which are all reactions of a typical spy. You're also not absolved of guilt just because you "lead the first team to victory." The running suspicion, as stated above, is that one of the original three faked allegiance to the rebels. You are one of the original three, hence you are suspected.

Or maybe, just maybe, your gross oversimplification of the facts made me realise something fishy. You are convinced one of the original three is a spy. This may be true, but it also may not be. Perhaps the spies are counting on the fact that we won't blame Dishman and blame one of those on the first team instead. Perhaps you are counting on it, and you seem far too sure of yourself.

I will vote against Arundel's team. He, along with Dishman, are potential spies and I would like leadership to pass to ThomasGriff.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Fury

« Reply #97: March 07, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »
What - we're still at base discussing this?
We've all more or less said our minds so everyone just vote already.

Thomasgriff

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: March 09, 2013, 11:41:42 PM »
What are we waiting on it has been a week since control passed.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: March 11, 2013, 02:22:23 AM »
Hm, I'm starting to think that Lefanis is right. But still...

What - we're still at base discussing this?
We've all more or less said our minds so everyone just vote already.

Thanks Fury for speaking through my keyboard. HEYA ALL, YOU SIGNED UP FOR WEREWOLF, NOT SLEEPWOLF!
D'Espana Family

Fury

« Reply #100: March 11, 2013, 03:28:27 AM »
Yeah, what's the score now: 1-1?
I'll bet there are Imperial spies among the sleepers who are holding us up.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: March 11, 2013, 03:44:04 AM »
Dishman has been replaced with DisturbedYang.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: March 11, 2013, 08:47:43 AM »
Are we going for the mission? Why nobody trust me with mission is beyond me >:(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: March 11, 2013, 09:49:09 PM »
Disturbedyang throws pie at Ketchum for added taste.

Haha, so Norrel, what's up now? Where are we at this game? What i need to do now? lolz

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: March 11, 2013, 09:49:59 PM »
Disturbedyang throws pie at Ketchum for added taste.

Haha, so Norrel, what's up now? Where are we at this game? What i need to do now? lolz
Vote yay or nay to the current plan
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton