Author Topic: The Resistance  (Read 35543 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Resistance
« Reply #90: March 04, 2013, 11:38:33 PM »
A good analysis. Just a heads up, I'm not the agent, I lead us to victory in round 1. I would not clear Dishman just yet though, as rebels have to sabotage the missions as often as possible as they need three points, and to keep us from getting them. If we'd gotten 2 to the rebels 0, I can see how it would frighten them into wanting to take the risk and allowing Dishman to be exposed. I am not convinced Dishman is clean.

You were going pretty well, then you said this, and it smells of a rat. You're obviously not stupid, but you messed up here. There are more outcomes, let me spell out one for you.

We know nothing about you. Who is to say you aren't the imperial spy? You might be the spy, setting me up for a fall if the mission fails.

The problem with your analysis on Dishman is there is no coordination. The spies can't be frightened into "allowing" Dishman to be exposed. To repeat myself, it is more than likely that one of the original three waited until the second turn to sabotage, faking their allegiance in the first mission while having the ability to pin it on Dishman afterwards. If Dishman was a spy, and the spies were afraid in general, then I am more than certain that two votes would have surfaced instead of one.

No, I'm obviously not stupid. The point of my plan is to force the spies into a corner. They'll have to take one of the two options presented to them, risking their identities if they try to fight off said choice. The fact that I've possibly put you in a corner resonates in your immediate reversal against me. You either feel threatened, you want the plan to fail, or you want to shift suspicion my way, which are all reactions of a typical spy. You're also not absolved of guilt just because you "lead the first team to victory." The running suspicion, as stated above, is that one of the original three faked allegiance to the rebels. You are one of the original three, hence you are suspected.

OK, since the first round was a success...I feel confident that we have only 1 spy in the mission that failed. Since they can't effectively communicate, it is unlikely that multiple spies would coordinate a success mission. Therefore, we need a completely new setup to help isolate the other spy. Once we have 2 groups with a confirmed spy, then we can either avoid them or minimize picking the spy.

This is exactly what Thomasgriff wanted to do, and it would've worked last turn when the rebels had the lead. If we try to isolate the spies this turn, then the spies will undoubtedly gain another point. Should they gain another point, they'd only require one more for victory. The risk of choosing an entirely different team is far too high for the reward of possibly identifying more spies.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus