Author Topic: The Resistance  (Read 35567 times)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Resistance
« Reply #45: February 24, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »
I wouldn't be so hasty to label Fury as a traitor yet... provided, of course, that he gives us a satisfactory explanation for his vote >:(

What happens Fury? Don't you simply like one of us, or is it something else?
D'Espana Family

Fury

« Reply #46: February 24, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »
  What?? You've forgotten I volunteered and wasn't chosen?
Let's hear the explanation instead from Team Leader.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: February 25, 2013, 12:08:26 AM »
D'Espana takes up a sniper position atop a hill while operatives Lefanis and Thomasgriff breach the entrance to the nuclear power plant, tossing in smoke and tear gas and flashbangs before moving in, taking out any guards and otherwise clearing the civilians out.

A number of guards run around the exterior of the building, attempting to flank the two breachers. It's clear that there's been no attempt at sabotage; if there was, they would have known of the sniper above, waiting for them. D'Espana takes them all down with ruthless efficiency, and in ten seconds flat the coast is clear, every hostile neutralized.

Meanwhile, the operatives inside the building rig up a number of explosives, run outside, and detonate them. Left alone, this reactor would quickly escalate to a Chernobyl-scale event. You know, however, that emergency repairs will come before then. That's alright, though: your intentions are not nuclear. This was merely a ruse.

The operatives return to home base to cheers and applause - the rebels have scored the first point.

Leadership passes to D'Espana. This time, four operatives will be needed for the next mission, and but one attempt to sabotage from that group will bring the plan to a crashing halt. D'Espana, choose wisely.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: February 25, 2013, 01:59:26 AM »
Since the mission was a success, I say we use the same 3 people for the next mission (if that's allowed). I'll volunteer to be the fourth wheel either way.

Viva la revolucion!
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Fury

« Reply #49: February 25, 2013, 02:16:55 AM »
That's right. Same 3 people + Dishman(?).
Anything else will be SUSPICIOUS.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: February 25, 2013, 02:27:23 AM »
Well, my fellow rebels, first of all let's cheer on the absolute success of this mission. Long life to Lefanis, whose smart choice led us to victory!

Now it is my turn to propose a plan, but I will need four people for this instead of three. I am taking the risk, that is out of the question, so only three more of you are needed. I was thinking to take with me those that had not been in mission instead, mainly to let Lefanis and Thomasgriff to rest and to let all of us take part in the destruction of our enemies, but I can also see the reasoning behind repeating the same team. What are your thoughts on this, rebels? Does anyone object to either forming a new team or repeating the former one, plus someone else?

(OOC: Norrel, can we repeat team again? Seems a little bit like cheating to me, but hey, I don't write the rules ;D)
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: February 25, 2013, 02:50:12 AM »
Mission is success, thanks godness. So Dishman can be enthusiastic but I cannot? Whatever, no ill feeling. Rebels, let go!
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: February 25, 2013, 03:20:35 AM »
(OOC: Norrel, can we repeat team again? Seems a little bit like cheating to me, but hey, I don't write the rules ;D)

Yes. Trust me, it's balanced.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: February 25, 2013, 03:29:01 AM »
Yes. Trust me, it's balanced.
They aren't thinking outside the box enough.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: February 25, 2013, 03:49:58 AM »
They aren't thinking outside the box enough.
This is playing safe but nevertheless dangerous ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: February 25, 2013, 04:31:57 AM »
This is playing safe but nevertheless dangerous ;)
Its not completely safe nor can Dishman for sure be considered the spy if things go wrong, because they spies might have simply chosen to not sabotage the first mission so that it doesn't immediately make them suspicious.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: February 25, 2013, 06:32:06 AM »
Its not completely safe nor can Dishman for sure be considered the spy if things go wrong, because they spies might have simply chosen to not sabotage the first mission so that it doesn't immediately make them suspicious.
Yes, you are right. They are exploring their options at the moment if they do that. So we cannot completely clear people off from only 1 mission success.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: February 25, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
So Dishman can be enthusiastic but I cannot?

Dishman's selection had to do with something he said. Anyway, I'm ready to go on the next away mission.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: February 25, 2013, 10:50:33 PM »
Just so everyone's clear, we are now on the turn 2 planning phase.

Fury

« Reply #59: February 26, 2013, 01:52:44 AM »
I VOTE:
Same team + Dishman