Author Topic: Banner Approval?  (Read 6830 times)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Banner Approval?
« Reply #15: May 09, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »
It should not be.

Not even in the frames of in-game logic? For example, if one realm swears vassalage to the other realm and the liege-realm wants the vassal-realm to put their banner as a term for the aforementioned vassalage.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 09, 2013, 10:08:54 AM »
You can think about a banner inspired by the Liege-Realm else, some kind of major element that returns to show their vassalage.

Using the exact same banner can be very confusing with the political map and everything.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 09, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »
The liege-realm and his vassal-realms united banners on the political map should exactly be the effect that vassalage should do, for it would show that such relation exists. :) Since there are currently no such relations that are backed by the game mechanics, this is really the only way to tell without having to ask around.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 09, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
But you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between where one Realm starts and the other ends. That's why I would suggest returning a major element of the banner in the vassal's. That would show a relation, but still allow you to tell the difference.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #19: May 09, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
Not even in the frames of in-game logic? For example, if one realm swears vassalage to the other realm and the liege-realm wants the vassal-realm to put their banner as a term for the aforementioned vassalage.

That would be in-game illogic.

A banner is intended to be unique and identify that holder. Never would you pick the same banner, especially not for a vassal. People could think the servant is the master!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 09, 2013, 08:00:58 PM »
You can force them to adapt the same realm colour. It'll show nicely on the new dynamic map.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 09, 2013, 08:43:59 PM »
You can think about a banner inspired by the Liege-Realm else, some kind of major element that returns to show their vassalage.

Yeah, ya know, like CE and Tara...
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 09, 2013, 08:52:48 PM »
...and Coria.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 11, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »
Yeah, ya know, like CE and Tara...

Enweil and Fheuv'n.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 12, 2013, 07:58:04 AM »
BTW, the new Terran banner is even sicker than before. It's freaking awesome.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 13, 2013, 01:29:56 AM »
BTW, the new Terran banner is even sicker than before. It's freaking awesome.

Why thank you.

I wanted to keep the Terran-ness but also make it distinctly Astroist. Turning it blood red seemed a neat way to do it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 14, 2013, 01:29:02 AM »
Why thank you.

I wanted to keep the Terran-ness but also make it distinctly Astroist. Turning it blood red seemed a neat way to do it.
Its making me hungry as the icon form looks a bit like a cookie now with sprinkles... or maybe it just looks like that because I was already hungry, idk.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 14, 2013, 02:48:36 AM »
Why thank you.

I almost feel bad for trying to conquer it now.  :'(

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: May 14, 2013, 05:54:45 AM »
I almost feel bad for trying to conquer it now.  :'(

RENOUNCE YOUR BLIND HATRED!

CONVERT!

Woah. Actually...

Totally, convert. That would pretty well hammer Hireshmont's position into a billion tiny pieces.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 14, 2013, 07:23:39 AM »
RENOUNCE YOUR BLIND HATRED!

CONVERT!

Woah. Actually...

Totally, convert. That would pretty well hammer Hireshmont's position into a billion tiny pieces.

IDK. I think it would just look fake and opportunistic. Those who are Hireshmont's side would just see it as insincere.