Author Topic: Future Feature: Guild founders special option  (Read 1787 times)

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
Future Feature: Guild founders special option
« Topic Start: February 25, 2013, 03:43:45 PM »
Tittle: Guild founders being able to build their own  guildhouse in their member region.

Summary: Give guild founder to build their guildhouse in stead of having to beg region lords to do it with their own gold.

Details:  Guild founder can use option in order to build guildhouse (in the same region they are in) with permission of the region lord. In example if the region lord member are in other realm, Without long way to the realm capital, guild founder may just ask for the permission and if the region lord allow the guild founder can get option to build guilhouse with founder gold. Founder can build, region lord the only one can upgrated it. Only founder may have this option.

Benefits:
- This will make guilhouse more important than now.
- make the guild founder special than other elder.
- Guild influence may spread into other realm without wait for a years.
- Guild mainly for commoners as I created may become more effective.

Possible Exploits: Probably  guilds can found armies. Maybe difficult to implement, but could make very interesting guild wars. (Example in Atamara or beluaterra.)
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Future Feature: Guild founders special option
« Reply #1: February 25, 2013, 06:49:11 PM »
I don't like it.  The whole point of recruiting lords is to spread influence to spread the guild.  What's the point of doing any of that if you cut out the middleman, the lord?  What's the point of wooing any character to join if you can just do everything yourself?

Also... is your possible exploit another feature request???

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 25, 2013, 06:52:11 PM »
I'm also against it.

One of the primary functions of guilds is to spread influence or create new things. Both of these should require other lords to do.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 25, 2013, 10:48:31 PM »
I'm also against it.

One of the primary functions of guilds is to spread influence or create new things. Both of these should require other lords to do.
If the lord must be a member, and must give permission, doesn't that mean you have influence?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton