Author Topic: I Hate Food  (Read 65236 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: I Hate Food
« Reply #135: March 01, 2013, 03:49:44 AM »
Um... Seasons are MUCH easier now than they were.

Winter used to be DEVASTATING on Dwilight. You'd have like 3 weeks of no harvests or half harvests or whatever it was. This was just pure death. At least now, you're not simply dead when winter comes. You just prioritize and plan some. Before, if you didn't have it saved, you literally had no recourse. Everything shut down.

Plus, this thread is in the GD forum, not the Dwilight Forum. Therefore, opinions on all continents is important.

Yea, but back then, thousands of bushels had not been arbitrarily deleted and food production globally reduced either.

I don't get what the huge aversion to food surpluses are... cities will always need to buy food no matter how much of it overwhelms the market. You've got your interaction right there. In a buyer-biased market, there will be maximum food sales and there will still be room for negotiations as rural lords try to turn rotten food into scraps of profits and margraves attempt to minimize their food expenses. Everybody wins. Rural lords still make more gold than the lords of badlands, mountains, and woodlands, cities aren't constantly starving, and margraves don't have to spend so much of their time trying to find any deals whatsoever to meet the bare minimum their regions need.

A seller-biased market just brings a ton of frustration, forces a ton of people to stay at home to avoid starvation or to minimize its penalties, cripples cities and therefore realms' abilities to wage war, and creates an even bigger gap between rurals and woodlands/badlands/mountains.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron