Author Topic: I Hate Food  (Read 65326 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: I Hate Food
« Reply #180: March 01, 2013, 09:09:02 PM »
I have over 50k in population, and still 15k more till I reach max. Why shouldn't I get a metric !@#$-ton of gold as a result? How about you try to feed 50,000 people...

Well, it is possible that Golden Farrow is just a badly designed city or whatever. Higher population shouldn't inherently result in more gold. (See India/China today). It's all about efficiency. So, this argument can have merit depending upon the circumstances:

It's not how it works. Not all regions are equal. It's very possible that Golden Farrow is a large but poor city that can barely feed itself.

I have the third highest economy in Dwilight. The only ones higher are Darfix and Giask, and that's because they can hold an exponentially greater population (over 90k for Giask).

Granted, I'm right there with you. Barad Falas has the 3rd best economy on Atamara, and currently produces the 2nd most gold due to one of the cities with a higher production missing 15k from its max population. (I'm feeding 60k population at this point, and my gold value pretty much mirrors Golden Farrow)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."