Author Topic: I Hate Food  (Read 65318 times)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: I Hate Food
« Reply #180: March 01, 2013, 09:17:34 PM »
I've explained this already, that Golden Farrow could make a metric !@#$-ton of gold if it was run more efficiently. But that's besides the point, it is only brought up because the goal posts keep on being moved on me. My previous example was merely meant to demonstrate how a Lord, even a very generous one, could turn a profit while running a city, even one as populated as Golden Farrow. It was meant to rebuke the idea that city Lords could be losing gold due to having to buy too much food. My example demonstrated how even a less efficient city could earn a tidy profit. It was not meant to demonstrate how much Golden Farrow really is making, or what it's potential is. Those things were not being discussed, and are besides the point.

Now that that's cleared up, responding to Indrik. If there is a less populated city making more than Golden Farrow, it could mean a number of things. The most likely case is that the Lord of the less populated city is simply running things more efficiently. But, it could also be owed to how gold production and population are scaled. Perhaps they are scaled such that the gold/population ratio becomes exponentially smaller the higher the population it goes, to a point where added population begins to cost more than it produces. Logically, it could not indicate a problem with the food system, as we know that in most, if not all cases, population produces more gold than it could consume in food, even if the food was priced at it's maximum value.