Author Topic: I Hate Food  (Read 65968 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: I Hate Food
« Reply #45: February 27, 2013, 03:15:36 AM »
My frustration with the system is the constant attention it requires. It shouldn't need that. Yes, food should eb important, I get that. But it shouldn't be a constant fight for the people that need the food to convince the people that have the food to sell it. They should want to sell it, to get the money.

Perhaps what we need is to make rural regions produce less gold, and thus give the lords more incentive to want to sell their food. That way their apathy toward selling their food would hit them in the wallet.

+1

Except: we've talked before about penalizations. Do we want to make MORE penalties?

Frankly, I'd rather make feeding regions significantly easier (or at least less trouble than it is now), and feeding armies slightly harder on average—but also create the ability for armies to march further from home without the need to return home every week, assuming the appropriate people can handle the logistics properly. (Some form of supply line, with a user-friendly implementation of creating and maintaining it, but make it a necessity if you're fighting far from home, and be possible to interrupt/attack/sever...)

Yes please.

Make food part of the military infrastructure, so that the "bureaucratic players" (me!) and the "military players" (very much not me) are playing the same game again.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner