Author Topic: The Wedding  (Read 20425 times)

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Wedding
« Reply #30: March 01, 2013, 03:22:40 AM »
Well my memory must have forgotten about Baal. Which big event are we talking about?. I totally recognized his name.....

He was the Archon of Caerwyn who betrayed/declared war on Astrum and led the "League of Free Nations" (Caerwyn, Averoth, the Saxons, and some elements of Madina/Aurvandil) in a war to destroy SA. Basically responsible for the whole Caerwyn Crusade, the pillaging of most of southern Astrum and (at least indirectly) the death of Vasilif Rowan of Astrum.

But in the big picture to Khari Baal was Rynns guest and elder of his faith. She needed to allow it to happen. VE should also not like Khari so much as she closed a magnificent temple in Farrowfield long ago when Kabrinskia was formed.

I guessed as much and it makes sense, although of all the VE Elders Baal was probably the worst one Rynn could have invited. That said, its unlikely anything will come of it now that the wedding is over and apparently everyone who was there forgot who he was.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:28:50 AM by Meneldur »

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: March 01, 2013, 03:31:08 AM »
This makes for perfect ammo for Allison.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 01, 2013, 03:35:43 AM »
Yeah, I think this was the issue more than anything. I think Rynn, Himeko, Ghaundan and most of the other major players at the event were too young or too distant to remember/know about it. Mathurin might have known as he was around then, but considering his general lack of involvement in the war I can imagine he might have forgotten the exact name.

Khari should have known however, considering that she was one of the nobles actively fighting against Baal's forces, though she obviously had RP reasons to keep quiet about it. It would have been interesting to have a member of the "old-guard" in attendance to call her out for it but I suppose its just as well; its not like we're in need of another controversy at the moment.

You can bet your sweet ass that you're right. I had heard about it OOCly, but definitely Ghaundan is too young to have lived that directly, and nobody has (that I recall) mentioned it to him ever IC. Otherwise, things might have gone *slightly* different. A pity it's all over now, but since nobody posted anything for a whole day, I decided it was high time to return home. Oh D'Hara, sweet D'Hara...
D'Espana Family

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 01, 2013, 03:36:13 AM »
They forgot who Baal was... Awesome. It actually took me a few takes to remember who he was too. Then it hit me... Caerwyn.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: March 01, 2013, 03:41:24 AM »
I guessed as much and it makes sense, although of all the VE Elders Baal was probably the worst one Rynn could have invited. That said, its unlikely anything will come of it now that the wedding is over and apparently everyone who was there forgot who he was.

We don't have many other elders. He coulda asked Machiavel, but as Machiavel was supposed to lead the last wedding that kinda aborted, like not that long ago at all, it would have been a little awkward. Also, I, as a player, don't particularly love participating in this kind of RP. I like that it happens, but I find it hard to motivate myself to engage in long narratives like what was going on over there.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #35: March 01, 2013, 04:00:51 AM »
Rynn invited errbody. ERRBODY. Either directly or through Khari.

Errbody but jonsu that is. still wondering why she showed up...
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: March 01, 2013, 04:20:10 AM »

You invited Allison?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: March 01, 2013, 04:55:16 AM »
You invited Allison?
She can make any event interesting.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: March 01, 2013, 04:59:23 AM »
It's definitely been too long since the war. Several people forgot who Baal the Betrayer was. Not to mention that many of the Elders of SA weren't even members of SA back then. I bet several of them didn't even exist back then.

So, not too surprising that the people there didn't know who he was.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: March 01, 2013, 05:19:42 AM »

Jonsu's barrels of fun, at least from the perspective of playing a character that considers her his arch-nemesis.

On that note, Paul is glad to see retroactively the wisdom of not attending, though it sounds like it was a blast.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: March 01, 2013, 06:30:56 AM »
Khari invited Allison. She likely heard of the wedding after I invited all the rulers. Be what it may Khari and Allison have a long history.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: March 01, 2013, 07:09:53 AM »
well I surly should have remembered Baal as head of  Caerwyn.... Lol I remembered the name but not the association.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: March 01, 2013, 07:52:06 AM »
Updated the doc in first post with a few more RPs. 18 pages long now but looks to be over with.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: March 01, 2013, 08:31:13 PM »
It's definitely been too long since the war. Several people forgot who Baal the Betrayer was. Not to mention that many of the Elders of SA weren't even members of SA back then. I bet several of them didn't even exist back then.

So, not too surprising that the people there didn't know who he was.

Hireshmont knew of Baals attendance. And remembered the history. But there's no way he would have spoken up. He will heckle Rynn over Rynn's numerous diplomatic gaffes--- but no way is he going to engineer a fresh one.

Hireshmont wasn't in SA during the war of course, and Terran never got very friendly with Caerwyn, but he knew enough to realize it would be bad news bears if anybody decided to dredge up old memories.

Which, again, is useful for some other hings relating to SA that Hireshmont has in the works...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: March 05, 2013, 02:03:30 AM »
So, ummmm, is this all finally over? Last RP I received Mathurin was going to be raped between Jonsu and Rynn, or so did it sound to me.
D'Espana Family