Poll

Your Opinion on Food and the Markets in Dwilight

My region produces a surplus but I don't bother to sell the food
0 (0%)
My region produces a surplus but I find it too inconvenient to sell the food
1 (4.2%)
My region produces a surplus and I sell all the food that I can but no one buys it
2 (8.3%)
My region produces a surplus and I sell all the food and it is usually bought
7 (29.2%)
My region is in a deficit but I don't bother to buy food
0 (0%)
My region is in a deficit but I find it too inconvenient to buy the food
0 (0%)
My region is in a deficit and I place buy orders that rarely get filled
6 (25%)
My region is in a deficit and I play buy orders that usually get filled
5 (20.8%)
I don't play on Dwilight but want to vote for something
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 04, 2013, 02:40:10 PM

Author Topic: Your Opinion on Food and the Markets in Dwilight  (Read 22343 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I know the food situation in Golden Farrow was a pain in the butt.  I can only imagine what it is like in D'hara.  Perhaps we just need to find a way to work within the system we have.  The D'haran cities including Paisly should just be abandoned.  I know this isn't really fair or even realistic.  But if not them, then 3 other cities being abandoned would solve the problems. 

Morek was a good food producer but then they took Nifelheim but Astrum got some of the rurals.  Then they colonized Flowrestown so their food surplus will eventually supply them.   If we are having such huge food problems now, its only going to get worse.  There are several cities who aren't at their max population just yet.  Golden Farrow, Eichur, Flowrestown, Darfix, Port Raviel, Port Nebel, Paisly, Mimer and Unterstrom are all underpopulated.  Plus a few more that I didn't list. 

If production is 108%-113% of max Dwilight population then things might be salvageable.  If however those production figures are based on current populations then we are in for some real pain. 

You might just be better off abandoning the cities for now and stockpile food in your townslands.  Above all else, don't invest too much gold into the infrastructure of the cities on D'hara.  They are going to be the first cities to go rogue from starvation if things get worse on the island.

A 5% increase in food production across the island might be nice.  If only to see what changes in the trading stats occur.  The stats from the tracker should be able to show us what kind of difference that extra 5% makes.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)