Author Topic: All main classes having abilities to help takeovers  (Read 4917 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
First, this is part of a broader effort designed to make war more interesting with minimal changes, see here http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,3933.msg97163.html#msg97163

So: This is pretty straightforward.  I want every main class to be able to help with takeovers.  I want Priests to be able to call for peaceful submission to the righteous liberators, or scream for defiance against the filthy infidels.  I want Courtiers to be able to help find all the old officials and talk them into joining the new regime, or burn all the old paperwork to make it harder.

The idea is you might be able to win a battle, leave a token force to hold it militarily, then have the Priests and Courtiers work on bringing the region into the fold while your troops don't have to sit for a week with their thumbs up their butts and can go earn their pay.  Or, if you prefer, you can throw your entire realm into frantically working on a new conquest to get it up and running in a much shorter time than before.

Best part of this is it should be easy enough to take the existing options, give them new flavour text, and set them to work off of skill percentage rather than troops (should, should, hopefully, maybe!).  This would help give everyone something to do, which is never a bad thing, while not making it required by any means.  More options, without taking anything away that we already had.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"