Author Topic: Averoth OOC conflicts with GM  (Read 38447 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Averoth OOC conflicts with GM
« Topic Start: April 11, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »
The accusations began in Thulsoma, and moved to Averoth when the Thulsomans did.  However, there are some among them who have borne a grudge against Tom for years, due to other similar issues in the past.  Furthermore, the accusations are more than just of "GM interference:" they claim that Sanguis Astroism, due to being led by GMs, as they believe, is able to request Tom to (for instance) change monster/undead spawning patterns, lock or avoid locking people, and change the code however they want.  All of these are, of course, completely false—including the notion that Sanguis Astroism is led by GMs.  As far as I know, there is 1 person who might qualify in the religion, and he doesn't take much of an active role nowadays.  Nor is he a coder.

Family gold access has not been cut off for anyone; however, it is no longer possible to request family gold, send the money away or put it in a guild, and then immediately request more.  There is a waiting period after requesting gold before you can request again.  This is also true of visiting your family home and getting gold from your aunt, though the waiting periods are different.  I am the one who implemented this, so I know whereof I speak when I say that it was not done because I, or anyone else, wanted Sanguis Astroism to succeed.  I have no particular interest in Sanguis Astroism, and when I did, it was in keeping it relatively weak.

This reminds me when Tom stoped playing his own game because people acused him of doing the same.

That wasn't quite what happened.  I pointed out that, because he was known to be playing the ruler of a realm, people would tend to try to become allies of it, and avoid becoming enemies of it, simply because they knew he was its ruler.  Not because of anything he was doing consciously, nor necessarily even that they were doing it consciously, but that such a pattern would be logical, and had, indeed, emerged.  (I don't think I did so in quite such rational tones, but we were all a bit upset by then.)

I think we are just dealing with very angry teens lol.

I don't know how old any of the people involved are.  However, I do know that their reactions and beliefs are very immature and foolish.  I know teenagers (and pre-teens) who are far more mature and able to handle being told they can't play a certain way without throwing a tantrum or blaming it on the Big Bad Meanie who won't let them do whatever they like.

The gms acn't solve issues like this at all.
Only we, as a community can.

This is part of the problem with OOC cliques, too, especially large ones.  They control the realm so completely that they have no need of people from outside their clique who try to join Averoth, so there no one there to be a voice of reason countering their wild claims or pointing out the flaws in their logic.  It's just one big echo chamber for their poisonous views.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan