Author Topic: Allow banker to view actual region stat values  (Read 10066 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
All I want, really, is the means to predict how much food will be required to make it through to summer. Because that's how much food we need to try to plunder or buy. (mostly the latter, obviously, Falkirk won't be around for much longer)

OK: when I make the page that lets the Banker control food for regions that have allowed it, I will make sure to include (for Lords, Dukes, and Bankers) a display for continents with seasons of how much food will be needed for a given region, under current and predictable conditions, to survive until summer.

That, and that the continent actually produce a surplus of food that is maintainable on the long term...

Well, as you may have noticed, I've already mentioned my support for increasing both the overall surplus on Dwilight and the production variability between different sections of the continent....
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
OK: when I make the page that lets the Banker control food for regions that have allowed it, I will make sure to include (for Lords, Dukes, and Bankers) a display for continents with seasons of how much food will be needed for a given region, under current and predictable conditions, to survive until summer.

Sounds good.

Well, as you may have noticed, I've already mentioned my support for increasing both the overall surplus on Dwilight and the production variability between different sections of the continent....

I know, and you are not the only one, but many things have been "supported" by various members of the dev team without being implemented until the need for it is badly needed and obvious. I'd really like for the food production values to be increased now, during fall and before D'Hara starves back to 3 regions, and not in winter when it won't make a difference and massive starvation would happen anyways.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I know, and you are not the only one, but many things have been "supported" by various members of the dev team without being implemented until the need for it is badly needed and obvious. I'd really like for the food production values to be increased now, during fall and before D'Hara starves back to 3 regions, and not in winter when it won't make a difference and massive starvation would happen anyways.

Well, I can't say when it's going to happen at this point, but we are still wrangling with the details and logistics of another region rebalance.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Well, I can't say when it's going to happen at this point, but we are still wrangling with the details and logistics of another region rebalance.

I will concede, though, that starvation is nowhere near as brutal as it used to be... not sure since when, though. York's been starving since forever, and never revolted against Minas Ithil, and stats were easy to maintain rather high. Maybe D'Hara will be able to do the same to survive, hard to say, but I really wish we don't see yet another Long Winter. It takes a hell of a long time to recover from this kind of damage.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
How is the lord in any way penalized if a courtier is pointed in his direction to help bring it up another 10%?

And what else does a banker have to do? It's the most worthless title the game has.

Nonsense! Shadow government!
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Nonsense! Shadow government!

You mean, the banker's "go to jail"/"get a free ban" card?

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
only when they get caught.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
only when they get caught.

Which is inevitable. The question is only how long it takes for it to happen.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Which is inevitable. The question is only how long it takes for it to happen.

The question is how rich you are before you get caught.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
The question is how rich you are before you get caught.

Duke+Margrave of city is a "get rich quick" card for which you'll never get caught.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Flat-out rejected. We added this in specifically to REMOVE the obsession with micro-management from the higher-ups.

Why?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Why?

Basically, because people were being forced to stay home and work on region stats even though regions were between 90% and 99% in all categories.
Timothy Collett

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Basically, because people were being forced to stay home and work on region stats even though regions were between 90% and 99% in all categories.

Surely the General would keep the Banker in check in this?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Surely the General would keep the Banker in check in this?

No; usually they were in cahoots.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
No; usually they were in cahoots.

Gotta say the average noble per region ratio was much different, back then... if all the lords stay home, nowadays, basically no one is left to march out. Not so much back then.