Author Topic: Dwilight War Declarations  (Read 46299 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight War Declarations
« Reply #15: March 06, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »
Oh.. so there was roleplay and a basis behind the war. You know we honestly haven't the slightest clue down in Aurvandil, since you all declared war "out of the blue" without explanation or even a letter before or after the war (This being SA), but I suppose we're not relevant enough to warrant being in the loop?

Um, yeah, there has been quite a lot of work and roleplaying behind all of this.

If it didn't take any work, then all of this would have happened many, many months ago.

How could they not know, when all they hear is reports of great victories and seeing a massive army wander around every now and then, we've even won battles in our own land.  More Terranese died than any peasant in these battles, I find it hard to believe the entire Commonwealth is unhappy because a handful of peasants from the other part of it were killed.

Peasants did care whether or not you won, and they tended to celebrate and consider it a good thing when you did as opposed to you losing ... and them likely being raped and killed by savage hordes of Republicans.

Bro.

Soldiers are peasants.

Did soldiers die? Yes? Then the peasantry are unhappy.

You don't actually think that the peasants WANT to fight your wars, do you? Even the "volunteers"– that probably isn't patriotic adoration as much as material need. A soldier peasant makes a whole lot more money than a farmer peasant (I remember somebody did this calculation one time but I forget where...).

Just because you kill more Terran peasants and manage to pay your soldiers on time doesn't mean your peasants enjoy it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner