Poll

Who is the Most Valuable Player in this game?

Cren
3 (15%)
Sonya
1 (5%)
Lefanis
6 (30%)
Arrandal
0 (0%)
Telrunya
2 (10%)
Stabbity
1 (5%)
Ketchum
4 (20%)
Dishman
0 (0%)
D'Espana
0 (0%)
Penchant
0 (0%)
Thomasgriff
0 (0%)
Disturbedyang
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: March 27, 2013, 03:28:33 AM

Author Topic: [Forum Game] The Thing: Survives!  (Read 83964 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] The Thing: Survives!
« Reply #300: March 27, 2013, 10:02:12 AM »
Deadline 5 - the Ghost and the Darkness
The statement I am on.

"there was now real fear in the Pit as it seemed the Ghost and the Darkness were unstoppable."

My Analysis:
I look back at Disturbedyang Analysis. He is not far from the truth. Ghost and Darkness, the movie. So there is 2 Things running around: One is called Ghost, another is called Darkness. Looking through Disturbedyang analysis, at this point the 2 Things did find each other and target same person. That is why Arrandal is killed.

Disturbedyang Analysis:
Deadline 5 - the Ghost and the Darkness - the movie...
D'Espana say "... ABUSE ... POWER ...!"
Panting from their exertion, the question now was - did they get the Thing? Or maybe another Foreign Intelligence?
"Guess who I am" drawn in Arrandal's blood right beside him
With the first alien kill and two others lynched, they were down one-third of their original members and there was now real fear in the Pit as it seemed the Ghost and the Darkness were unstoppable.
There were only one attack but an attack that kills Arrandal. Hence i can be quite sure both have found each other and targeted the same guy.

Analysis - what abuse power is he talking about there? hmm.
IMPT NOTE: Arrandal was killed with one attack, hence most likely both Thing attacked him at the same time.
Further confirms now that there are TWO Things! Fury tends to give hints when one side are near to winning. It seems that way because we are unable to find the Things.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #301: March 27, 2013, 10:03:44 AM »
Deadline 6 - clue on (eh what?)
Statement I am on.

Out of nowhere, Agent Telrunya had previously reappeared to cast his vote but as he goes back to every inactive's favourite hideout, the John in the Pit, aka the Johnpit he finds the Thing in there. Maniacal laughter can be heard saying "Agent Telrunya, let's play the claw game" as the Thing claws the shower curtain open. It was smart and had stalked Telrunya for sometime now but didn't realize that Telrunya had just left to cast his vote which saved his life. In the scream of rage that was now venting from the Thing, Telrunya wisely decided to slip away and find another hidey hole...

...but first he had to complete his objective and he sets out to accomplish it and comes face to face with... danger. What was the saying now? Away from the Ghost and into the Darkness...

My Analysis:
Telrunya is the Bodyguard, that explains "he had to complete his objective". As Bodyguard, he can escape one time from the Thing, that explains "Away from the Ghost". Telrunya escape from the first Thing. But not the second Thing attack which wounded him for the first time, that explains "and into the Darkness".

Disturbedyang Analysis:
"Agent Telrunya, let's play the claw game"
...but first he had to complete his objective and he sets out to accomplish it and comes face to face with... danger. What was the saying now? Away from the Ghost and into the Darkness...

Analysis - I would like to assume that Telrunya might be a bodyguard. What other objective there is? Or perhaps he is the second thing. If it is true he is the bodyguard, we need him to come forward and tell us who he protected! Because the person that he was trying to protect was probably the Thing! It also says away from the ghost and into the darkness, as if potraying he avoided one but jump straight into another(seems that he chose to protect another Thing)

I went and google and wiki-ed, as that's what Fury likes to do too and found "The ghost and the darkness" as the movie. The movie tells a story about two lions working together to attack and kill a group of people. Initially though, it also said that the group of people thought they killed the lion that were hunting them, but were wrong. Google it to get the full story.

I can't figure a lot of things really....haha. But all i know was that i don't think there are anymore foreign agents left. But there are TWO things left. Somehow the way i know how Fury plays it was that he will give us hints when we are desperate. And it also seems that if we get another one or two wrong ones, we are more or less dead. So i urge all of you to not vote to lynch for another turn. Let the analysts another turn to work themselves out.

All i can tell from all these was Ketchum and Telrunya are good guys - period. But Telrunya, tell us now or we are doomed!
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #302: March 27, 2013, 10:04:23 AM »
Deadline 7 - No more clue given
Dishman the first Thing is lynched and we start the day. Statement I am on.

"M is sure disappointed with your analysis, Lefanis - all of you", a ghostly whisper suddenly springs up from behind him. True to form, Lefanis does the 100m dash again and the Thing roars in anger as it had thought it had now had enough experience to hunt with free claws. It was close - the Ghost just needed one more successful attack. Lefanis was never in any danger though as a hidden hand with a Walter PPK fired shots from a dark corridor and made the Thing do its ghostly act and disappear.

My Analysis: Bodyguard is protecting Lefanis. If what Disturbedyang says is right about Telrunya being Bodyguard protecting the Thing from itself, then Lefanis is the Thing.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #303: March 27, 2013, 04:30:25 PM »
VOTE TELRUNYA. ((sorry, wasn't be able to log in due to bandwidth problems and a sheer determination to finish Mass Effect 3))
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Fury

« Reply #304: March 28, 2013, 06:03:41 AM »

DEADLINE 12

VOTE Lefanis - Telrunya #293, Ketchum #297
VOTE Telrunya - Lefanis #294, Cren #303

There were no surprises with the voting this time. The four of them had divided equally into two distinct camps. What that distinction was though, wasn't clear yet. With the voting tied, no lynching occured.

Yet, in the night two attacks were made - on Agent Cren - as he was already wounded, he was simply shredded to bits.

And now there were three.

Ketchum is still wounded.
Cren is attacked and killed.

The Ghost has 2 kills.
The Darkness has 3 kills.

Fury

« Reply #305: March 28, 2013, 06:06:02 AM »
Sorry for the delay. I was travelling, 8-hour drive. Then had light dinner and fell asleep. Still sleepy this morning.

Deadline (in 24 hours from now) will be extended until next SUNRISE (not sunset).

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #306: March 28, 2013, 07:42:06 AM »
Vote Ketchum, for being an ass and throwing the game.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #307: March 28, 2013, 07:43:30 AM »
Ketchum has lesser kills, so he had a chance if he'd gone for Telrunya last turn. too bad.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #308: March 28, 2013, 07:48:58 AM »
Unvote Ketchum

Vote Lefanis

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #309: March 28, 2013, 08:20:40 AM »
    Ketchum has lesser kills, so he had a chance if he'd gone for Telrunya last turn. too bad.
    LOL, yes, you are right.
    Let me highlight in Green below for your benefit 8)
    I will die too if hunt Telrunya the Thing :P

Actually you can help me win by helping me vote lynch Telrunya today. Well, that if you want me to win ;D

At that time before last night hunts.
    The Ghost has 1 kills.
    The Darkness has 2 kills.

• The Thing - May attack one person per day until it reaches parity and will then openly kill the last person and wins. Has a more successful attack against the quieter humans who don't speak much and keep to themselves. After several successful attacks can then attack anyone successfully. First attack will ONLY wound someone. Second attack on someone already wounded will kill. Two attacks on the same person at the same time will kill immediately. If Thing attacks Thing, the Thing with less kills loses the fight otherwise both lose. Can infect ONE human upon its death who then turns into The Thing (will NOT have any human abilities). Infected humans cannot infect others. Only ONE Thing can win.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
      • View Profile
    « Reply #310: March 28, 2013, 08:30:44 AM »
    For the fun and keeping to the rule of excitement for last day and if Agent Lefanis think of changing mind :P

It is a bit pity that original Thing does not have any advantage over infected Thing in terms of hunt each other :'(

VOTE TELRUNYA

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
      • View Profile
    « Reply #311: March 28, 2013, 09:00:05 AM »
    GUYS - I TOLD YOU SO!!! Haha. Just had to do this. I just can't believe that you guys still did not believe me after i was lynched, especially with Ketchum saying he cleared me way before but was involved in the voting. What more can i say huh?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
      • View Profile
    « Reply #312: March 28, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
    It is a bit pity that original Thing does not have any advantage over infected Thing in terms of hunt each other

Well, you are free to hunt whoever while I was limited by the activity rule. I think that's the one advantage you had over me.

And yes, while I was hoping Ketchum wouldn't explain till after the game, he had no chance of winning if he attacked me (Actually, if Cren healed himself, the townies would have won if Ketchum attacked me since he would have killed himself). For us both, this was our best shot at winning and crucial that we took out either Lefanis or Cren, even if it wasn't ideal and neither of our victories was certain due it. There was just no way for either of us to double-cross each other, from what I could think off. And I was definitely thinking about how I could make my victory 100% certain.

Since Lefanis wants to lynch himself,  I'll oblige, but I'll switch to voting Ketchum if he votes Ketchum:

VOTE LEFANIS

Fury

« Reply #313: March 29, 2013, 07:40:52 AM »

DEADLINE 13

VOTE Lefanis - Lefanis #308, Telrunya #312
    VOTE Telrunya - Ketchum #310

The finale was tight. What made it tighter was that everything had been found out. With the Ghost not able to rack up a higher kill score as well as being wounded, attacking the Darkness was impossible. Try as he might, Agent Lefanis could not get the two Things to kill each other and as such had decided to use his final Black Ops ability - for country and Queen.

It was a Mexican stand off like no other. Agent Telrunya the Darkness reborn pointed his talon at Agent Ketchum the Ghost who pointed his own talon at Agent Lefanis the Black Operator who in turn pointed his Walter PPK at Telrunya.

"Agent Lefanis, I will send you your Nobel medal in the afterworld", smiled the Ghost. At a nod from both Things they at once converged upon Lefanis and stabbed him to death but not before Lefanis managed to get a crack at Telrunya and wounding him in the process.

Then in the ultimate face-off, Telrunya (wounded with 3 kills) stared down Ketchum (wounded with 2 kills) and Dishman's eyes could be seen glinting in Telrunya's. With a savage roar they both launched themselves at each other and using his experience, Telrunya got a talon into Ketchum's heart and slowly he sanked to the ground in death.

Lefanis is lynched.
    Ketchum is attacked and killed.
    Telrunya is auto-attacked and wounded.

In the ensuing days, after reviewing the intelligence reports, the entire MI6 acknowledges the bravery of the Hero of Thule, Agent Lefanis, his double-0 status reinstated, and knighted post-mortem, Sir Lefanis was inducted into the MI6 Hall of Fame as its most valuable agent.

Back on the streets outside MI6 headquarters, a strange wounded dog dragged itself quietly onto the tourist bus filled with Slavic and Yhudi tourists who were busy communicating with each other and with their respected intelligent agencies. Then without further ado, the bus sped off to parts unknown with Telrunya in his new form, hiding underneath the seats...

THE END

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:59:34 AM by Fury »

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
      • View Profile
    « Reply #314: March 29, 2013, 08:28:43 AM »
    Congratulations Telrunya on your win. Good game, well played Sir. Now the after game of what could-be and what-not. Heh  8)