Poll

Who is the Most Valuable Player in this game?

Cren
3 (15%)
Sonya
1 (5%)
Lefanis
6 (30%)
Arrandal
0 (0%)
Telrunya
2 (10%)
Stabbity
1 (5%)
Ketchum
4 (20%)
Dishman
0 (0%)
D'Espana
0 (0%)
Penchant
0 (0%)
Thomasgriff
0 (0%)
Disturbedyang
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: March 27, 2013, 03:28:33 AM

Author Topic: [Forum Game] The Thing: Survives!  (Read 83965 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] The Thing: Survives!
« Reply #315: March 29, 2013, 12:18:32 PM »
That was a fun game, and I didn't suspect Ketchum at all till Disterbedyang came with his analysis! And I can't believe we managed to turn that around at the end :)

Thanks Fury!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #316: March 29, 2013, 05:57:58 PM »
So...what was your role before being infected?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #317: March 29, 2013, 06:04:58 PM »
Bodyguard. I did protect Lefanis that day, and Dishman on the 6th(?) night where Disturbedyang analysed I had protected the Thing.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #318: March 29, 2013, 06:48:12 PM »
Good game, all. I'm glad my scion could avenge my death.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #319: March 29, 2013, 07:07:44 PM »
I was a Psychic, though y'all lynched me before I could do much. Hence my death RP and the voice in your minds :P
D'Espana Family

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #320: March 29, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »
Shouldn't i get the MVP instead? Haha.

Anyway, i don't get why you guys did not get rid of Ketchum after i got lynched? Aren't my analysis of any good? Or are you guys too lazy to read it? I would think the turning point was Lefanis and Penchant went inactive when i got lynched. If they sided me, we would have had the chance. We know Cren is the infected, Ketchum is the other thing and we only need to find out the other infected one.

Fury

« Reply #321: March 30, 2013, 11:11:46 AM »
A good long game. :)

Since we all know this is a niche game with few players, the objectives for the game mechanics were to lengthen the game by giving each player roughly 2 lives, and to make the game go on as long as possible as long as there were moves to be made by artificially extending the lives of the Things.

And yes, GM does try to balance things along the way, I've mentioned it before in one of the previous games too. ;) I'll post some more when I think of something else to say. But for now, here are the clues revealed:

Deadline 1 - clue on number of (Things)
... naturally found the Thing missing... a few of its more miniscule body parts.
Meaning there's more than 1 Thing in the game.

Deadline 2 - clue on shot
Shot as in who had a shot (opportunity) at attacking people?
Agent Penchant and Agent Ketchum tried to help him by calming everybody down and setting off (going away on their own) to gather some intel like they used to.

Deadline 3 - clue on number of (Things)
1 Thing tried to attack Lefanis and 1 Thing attacked Ketchum (self-attack).

Deadline 4 - clue on different nature
1 Thing attacks without saying anything and 1 Thing has wisecracks. Could be a hint to the player's personality.

Deadline 5 - the Ghost and the Darkness
My first DVD movie - it came free with the DVD player ;D.

Deadline 6 - clue on (eh what?)
If no one was surprised how Telrunya could escape 1 Thing's attack but not another, this would let you know you were missing something.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #322: March 30, 2013, 06:04:52 PM »
Need some of those !@#$itall pills.   ;D I can't figure out why Cren didn't heal himself  >:( I was on vacation for the last two turns, and somehow managed to log on once.  Don't see why Ketchum tossed the game by voting me, his only (slim) chance was to vote Telrunya and try and convince me that Cren was the other thing. I though he realised that, so I didn't bother sending him a message (I should have, but not enough time...)  :'(
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #323: March 30, 2013, 07:11:28 PM »
    LOL, yes, you are right.
    Let me highlight in Green below for your benefit 8)
    I will die too if hunt Telrunya the Thing :P
Not hunt, vote him that day, instead of me. [/list]
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #324: March 30, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »
For the fun and keeping to the rule of excitement for last day and if Agent Lefanis think of changing mind :P

Just read this, but no  :P I was too impressed by Telrunya's move to avoid lynch.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #325: March 31, 2013, 10:24:01 AM »
The Medic forgot to heal himself.. Thats a ROTFL sight. But no worries, even if I had healed myself, it would have made no difference because there were two attacks on me that night. ;)
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #326: March 31, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »
his only (slim) chance was to vote Telrunya and try and convince me that Cren was the other thing. I though he realised that, so I didn't bother sending him a message (I should have, but not enough time...)  :'(

How big was the chance that he would have succeeded with that? Cren was obviously the medic, that would have been a very slim chance to go on to convince you. I don't think you would have fallen for that. Ketchum or me dying meant the other one was dead, as everyone already knew each other's roles. He had a bigger chance taking out Cren with me and then convincing you to vote for me. You could have gone either way, you had no way of winning, all you could do was pick the winner. It wasn't ideal for me either, but that also allowed Ketchum and me to work together, for we couldn't doublecross each other, and we both had a fair 'random' shot at winning. My chances may have been better with having more kills, but it was far from good.

Though my move was actually planned to be done with Ketchum voting for Lefanis as well, then both unvoting. It seemed DNS issues stopped Ketchum from posting though, but I was lucky. That did mean I couldn't attack together with Ketchum to end the game one turn earlier though, but luckily we managed to force the tie rather quickly.

The Thing only being able to attack inactives is sometimes a bit of a pain when you get 'no' choice to choose your target, but I really liked the wounding system for it allowed everyone to play a bit more instead of being taken out in one go.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:45:10 AM by Telrunya »

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #327: March 31, 2013, 11:19:44 AM »
A good long game. :)

Since we all know this is a niche game with few players, the objectives for the game mechanics were to lengthen the game by giving each player roughly 2 lives, and to make the game go on as long as possible as long as there were moves to be made by artificially extending the lives of the Things.

And yes, GM does try to balance things along the way, I've mentioned it before in one of the previous games too. ;) I'll post some more when I think of something else to say. But for now, here are the clues revealed:

Deadline 1 - clue on number of (Things)
... naturally found the Thing missing... a few of its more miniscule body parts.
Meaning there's more than 1 Thing in the game.

Deadline 2 - clue on shot
Shot as in who had a shot (opportunity) at attacking people?
Agent Penchant and Agent Ketchum tried to help him by calming everybody down and setting off (going away on their own) to gather some intel like they used to.

Deadline 3 - clue on number of (Things)
1 Thing tried to attack Lefanis and 1 Thing attacked Ketchum (self-attack).

Deadline 4 - clue on different nature
1 Thing attacks without saying anything and 1 Thing has wisecracks. Could be a hint to the player's personality.

Deadline 5 - the Ghost and the Darkness
My first DVD movie - it came free with the DVD player ;D.

Deadline 6 - clue on (eh what?)
If no one was surprised how Telrunya could escape 1 Thing's attack but not another, this would let you know you were missing something.

I still have no idea what the clue means...hahaha :p

Fury

« Reply #328: March 31, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »
I still have no idea what the clue means...hahaha :p
Impossible. You were the first to suspect Ketchum. ;D I think Dishman also suspected Ketchum. It takes a Thing to know a Thing.
  • Ketchum's move to attack himself was brilliant.
  • Telrunya's move dumbfounded me - it never occured to me!
  • I loved the way people tried to avoid getting scanned by saying things without meaning it. ;D
  • I loved how they tried not to ask me things directly in case their thoughts got scanned. I put in the 'scan thoughts' mechanics because I usually get asked a ton of questions. ;D
  • D'Espana's last cry of abuse...power referred to his last scan of Disturbedyang who tried to guide a scan by quoting out of context and he jokingly mentioned abuse of power.
  • All the stunts in this game were pulled by the players themselves. GM actually set a straightforward game.
Win scenario for MI6 Agents would have them storming the tourist bus and arresting the whole bunch. Anyone got the Slavic and Yhudi clues? Someone mentioned botox which was like hey how did you know?? Because that was how Agent Sonya was brought back to life in her RP role.

One possible ending was for Lefanis to see no way out so he sacrificed himself and took out the remaining Things by wounding one through his auto-attack. Timing would to be perfect to have both Things wounded with equal number of kills so they end up killing each other.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #329: March 31, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »
Impossible. You were the first to suspect Ketchum. ;D I think Dishman also suspected Ketchum. It takes a Thing to know a Thing.
  • Ketchum's move to attack himself was brilliant.
  • Telrunya's move dumbfounded me - it never occured to me!
  • I loved the way people tried to avoid getting scanned by saying things without meaning it. ;D
  • I loved how they tried not to ask me things directly in case their thoughts got scanned. I put in the 'scan thoughts' mechanics because I usually get asked a ton of questions. ;D
  • D'Espana's last cry of abuse...power referred to his last scan of Disturbedyang who tried to guide a scan by quoting out of context and he jokingly mentioned abuse of power.
  • All the stunts in this game were pulled by the players themselves. GM actually set a straightforward game.
Win scenario for MI6 Agents would have them storming the tourist bus and arresting the whole bunch. Anyone got the Slavic and Yhudi clues? Someone mentioned botox which was like hey how did you know?? Because that was how Agent Sonya was brought back to life in her RP role.

One possible ending was for Lefanis to see no way out so he sacrificed himself and took out the remaining Things by wounding one through his auto-attack. Timing would to be perfect to have both Things wounded with equal number of kills so they end up killing each other.

Haha, suspecting Ketchum is just based on his gameplay - like you told him. It's easy to see the way he plays. But unfortunately, Lefanis do not trust me eventhough i was the one who put out most analysis. I still wonder why...

Telrunya's move was indeed impressive. Haha. He deserves an award just for that. :p
Actually, i think that's abuse of power(which i agree) to ask someone to say a statement. I mean it's very clear then those that refuses or took their own sweet time are the highest up in the suspect list. Even with Ketchum posting that way, it actually points all the fingers at him. Like i said, i do not understand why nobody look at my analysis. Was it too long? haha. But i think this abuse of power is getting out of hand. :p Thanks to Lefanis.