Author Topic: Overstepping IR or Not?  (Read 11473 times)

Eirikr

Re: Overstepping IR or Not?
« Topic Start: March 13, 2013, 04:28:30 AM »
These two things bug me in combination:

1) putting people in it without their consent
2) tracking those people and punishing them for not being active

Make it voluntary, and by request. Then when those people don't contribute, remove them. The whole keeping score thing just bugs me. It seems unnecessary and punitive.

1. The Corian Senate has traditionally consisted of all lords without asking them if they want to join. This is a direct result of how referendums are programmed. Unless the referendum system becomes voluntary as well, I don't see this changing. The point is that lords aren't receiving random referendums without a forum to discuss them.

2. Being on the Senate is a privilege; some realms don't even provide a forum like this, they just enact laws. In a sense, tracking and removing people is not a "punishment", but a way to root out those who aren't contributing (inactive or not). The logic is that they don't seem to want to participate or they take the privilege for granted.

They can voluntarily leave the Senate at any time, though I've never seen anyone request it. Admittedly, that option hasn't been explicitly noted in quite some time. Would adding that help?