Author Topic: UnReal World  (Read 3405 times)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
UnReal World
« Topic Start: March 17, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »
http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html

Awesome game. Not that much graphically :) But it has great spirit and it is real survival game. It´s shareware, you can play it and if you like it you can buy it. Cheapest version is only 3$.

It is very old game, but still under developement... i dream to see that become multiplayer online game :) I doubt that never happens... But check it out if you are fun of "roguelike" games who value depth of the game more than graphics.
~Violence is always an option!~

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World
« Reply #1: March 18, 2011, 12:02:33 AM »
If you want something like a survival game MMORPG there is Wurm online. The game has moved a but from being a survival based game to a town builder in my opinion, but there is still all the fun of trying to build shelter, grow food and avoid being eaten by the local animals.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 24, 2013, 02:27:32 PM »
http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html

Game has become as freeware... Check it out :)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 25, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »
Just tried UnReal out. So far I like it, a bit frustrated that I can wander the forest for 2 days and not find more than a single squirrel...but it's interesting so far.

If you want something like a survival game MMORPG there is Wurm online. The game has moved a but from being a survival based game to a town builder in my opinion, but there is still all the fun of trying to build shelter, grow food and avoid being eaten by the local animals.

I tried Wurm online 3 or 4 years ago and was frustrated by it. People weren't overly helpful and I never got to a point where I could do more than basic food prep and mass produce wooden spindles. Might have to check it out and see if it's fleshed out anymore.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 25, 2013, 07:24:06 AM »
Well, northern forests are like that :)

But soon enough, you learn to use tracking properly and climb on trees to scout animals close by :)

Fishing is also good way to get some food... I havent played newest version... so some things might have changed, winters used to be real harsh and you need to prepare for that... but that feeling when spring comes and you survived that bloody cold winter without freezing/starving to death :P

-Jaune

Vessol

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 25, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »
Oh wow, I haven't played the Unreal World in a long long time. Such a great game once you learn to play it. I used to be quite an active player.

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/517/517647p1.html

Old write up from Gamespy that gives a good perspective of the game, plus I am quoted regarding my poor English skills at the time.

If it's free to play now, definitely check it out.
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 26, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »
Well, northern forests are like that :)
But soon enough, you learn to use tracking properly and climb on trees to scout animals close by :)

Yeah, first couple of characters I created in the far northeast. Hardly a living thing there. Doing much better in the southwest with the fisherman setup, well...was.

Note to self: Murdering lone adventurer sleeping in the middle of the woods=easy goodies. Murdering adventurer within range of town=certain death for slow villains. If I could stop myself from trying to fight entire villages, I might actually be able to use my house/cellar/massive food stores for winter.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)