Author Topic: New player and claiming a city estate  (Read 2565 times)

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
New player and claiming a city estate
« Topic Start: March 14, 2013, 11:49:46 PM »
I am in a city area with no claimed estates, yet no estates are offered to be claimed. Is this as intended or is there something the ruler must do to open the city to claims?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New player and claiming a city estate
« Reply #1: March 14, 2013, 11:54:21 PM »
You should talk to the city's lord, he can open up estates and you can then become his knight by moving into one.

And welcome to the game! :)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 14, 2013, 11:56:09 PM »
I am in a city area with no claimed estates, yet no estates are offered to be claimed. Is this as intended or is there something the ruler must do to open the city to claims?
The lord of the city must make estates in order for them to be claimed. Are you basically saying there are no estates in the city? If you really want to become a knight of that city, you can send the lord a message. Otherwise, just send a message to the realm stating you are in need of an estate.

P.S. Looks like Lorgan kind of already answered it, but whatevs. Welcome to the game.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 15, 2013, 12:18:04 AM »
Thanks!

Yes, estates do exist. Sounds like the lord may have to flip a switch.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 15, 2013, 12:20:46 AM »
Thanks!

Yes, estates do exist. Sounds like the lord may have to flip a switch.
No switch flipping. If the estate exists and no one else has taken it, you should be able to take, I believe through the Politics page, then manage estate. If the estate exists but someone has already claimed it, you can not take it from them.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 15, 2013, 12:50:44 AM »
Exactly, what I needed! Thank you very much.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 15, 2013, 12:55:02 AM »
Exactly, what I needed! Thank you very much.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, though its best to make a new thread for each question on a different topic.
― G.K. Chesterton

Retsmah

« Reply #7: March 15, 2013, 08:08:19 AM »
So do people simply claim estates without talking to the Lord of the region first? Isn't that bad form?

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 15, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »
I sometimes ask first then take an estate or sometimes take an estate then inform the lord depending o the character and situation. I could imagine simply taking an estate if it fit the character's personality but I would have to expect some repercussions if the act offends the lord. As I see it, all are valid options.

Ask first: low risk of offense/repercussions
Take first, Inform after: medium risk of offense/repercussions
Just Take: high risk of offense/repercussions

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 15, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »
It's certainly polite to talk to the Lord, either before or after taking the estate, but seriously, if they didn't want the estate to be taken, it shouldn't be sitting there vacant.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 15, 2013, 01:57:47 PM »
Unless the lord has the estate pegged for someone else, you're not going to offend them by taking it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.