Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 130876 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #150: April 16, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »
Don't worry, it's only natural to like Fingolfin. Guy's a living legend who hasn't let his celebrity status go to his head. :)

Couldn't say it better.

I can see we don't have any whining now but instead, everyone is enjoying the war :D

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: April 16, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
Couldn't say it better.

I can see we don't have any whining now but instead, everyone is enjoying the war :D

IC on the other hand... There comes the old "Foul witchcraft!" versus "Gwargnargnarrr, feel our power!" argument again.  ::) :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:46:04 PM by Lorgan »

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: April 16, 2013, 07:38:33 PM »
A magic assassination attempt?

C'mon guys, really?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: April 16, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »
You're the ones who escalated the war, you're just getting to know what it means. :)

Edit: that said, hell yeah magical assassination!  8)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: April 16, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »
Jaeger is a one man wrecking ball. Jesus...

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: April 16, 2013, 07:58:34 PM »
You're the ones who escalated the war, you're just getting to know what it means. :)

Edit: that said, hell yeah magical assassination!  8)

Not really, Thalmarkin escalated this time. Fingolfin wrote to Maya too late for her to retract the execution order. Just a convenient excuse for you guys to play dirty, if you ask me. Thalmarkin likes to call Melhed all the dirty words in the book when really you guys have all the tricks up your sleeves. Slippery, slippery Feathers!

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: April 16, 2013, 08:02:56 PM »
Not really, Thalmarkin escalated this time. Fingolfin wrote to Maya too late for her to retract the execution order. Just a convenient excuse for you guys to play dirty, if you ask me. Thalmarkin likes to call Melhed all the dirty words in the book when really you guys have all the tricks up your sleeves. Slippery, slippery Feathers!
That sounds like jealousy for not having thought of it first.

And it was no magical assassination attempt, merely a magical means of silencing an annoying character. As has been mentioned in game. xD

Jaeger is a one man wrecking ball. Jesus...

Training and tactics ftw!!

IC on the other hand... There comes the old "Foul witchcraft!" versus "Gwargnargnarrr, feel our power!" argument again.  ::) :)

It's no argument. The Arcane Club wins. duh.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:05:44 PM by Woelfy »

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: April 16, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »
Not really, Thalmarkin escalated this time. Fingolfin wrote to Maya too late for her to retract the execution order.

The execution order in itself is an obvious escalation.

Just a convenient excuse for you guys to play dirty, if you ask me. Thalmarkin likes to call Melhed all the dirty words in the book when really you guys have all the tricks up your sleeves. Slippery, slippery Feathers!

Both of us wanted to play "dirty" and rightly so. It'd be a shame if we just let those cool new scrolls lie about, let us all show a little respect and enjoy the new toys Tom cooked up for us. :)

But yeah, wizards do have big sleeves. :)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: April 16, 2013, 08:09:58 PM »
It's no argument. The Arcane Club wins. duh.

Stop talking to yourself then!

Also, be nice to yourself. ;)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: April 16, 2013, 08:20:35 PM »
The execution order in itself is an obvious escalation.

Both of us wanted to play "dirty" and rightly so. It'd be a shame if we just let those cool new scrolls lie about, let us all show a little respect and enjoy the new toys Tom cooked up for us. :)

But yeah, wizards do have big sleeves. :)

Yeah, I appreciate the new toys, but it was a tough situation to be put in for Melhed - our use of them was supposedly going to be used as a continental casus belli to exterminate Melhed, but Thal gets to play with them and it's cool. Seems like a huge double standard.

And Thal players, please don't bother pointing out that I'm bitching right now, I'm fully aware of it. Just quite miffed that Maya is knocked out of the ruler game right when things were getting interesting.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: April 16, 2013, 08:22:02 PM »

You shouldn't read too much into things. There's no grand plan of malice at work. I can see how it might look that way to Melhed, though.  ;) Thal is just having fun exploring the different ways to wage a war or carry out an objective... Like delaying Melhed's refit.  ;)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: April 16, 2013, 08:45:22 PM »
Solari, don't lie to them. It might not be a /grand/ plan of malice, but Jaeger definitely has /a/ plan of malice for Melhed....especially the ruling class.

Lorgan, Gavyn is paused - no more talking to myself. :( And no! I refuse to let my esteemed Grand Wizard treat that commoner with any respect! That's just silly!

Melites: I told you that you wouldn't enjoy your time in Sandefur. Next time you think to insult a stranger, think twice.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: April 16, 2013, 09:51:13 PM »
Melheds execution was a clear step towards deeper hatred and increased warfare. Fingolfin couldnt possibly know that you had alreayd given the order, and as such his letter stands (and even if he knew about the execution order, it would obviously still stand... you killed my knight!).

Fingolfins next step is to punish Jaeger. With Melhed (as far as we know at least) using scrolls in northern Thalmarkin, you have brought scrolls upon yourself. Fingolfin did however forbid people to use summoning scrolls, and he bloody cant let people do as they please after he has told them not to :p Even though it might be ok now by default, Fingolfin still hasnt given the ok to the people with scrolls, and they are thusly breaking his command. Unthinkable! Now we have to see what is punished most hard, lies or breaking command...

Melhed certainly isnt put in an easy position, but lets get yourself out of it! :) As for Maya, if Melhed is the realm they make themselves to be, she should have no problem with getting reelected if she should loose the crown.

Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #163: April 16, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
In regards to Kuvio, both IC and OOC, everyone knew he had it coming. Previous sabotage and attempted murder aside, he WAS banned for Melhed. Then he came back, illegally, doing more illegal stuff. He knew what would happen.

Don't be mad because we finally caught your Captain. Jack. Sparrow.

There is no way Thalmarkin can seriously use him as a legitimate excuse/martyr to justify how the war has been escalated.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #164: April 16, 2013, 10:17:25 PM »
In regards to Kuvio, both IC and OOC, everyone knew he had it coming. Previous sabotage and attempted murder aside, he WAS banned for Melhed. Then he came back, illegally, doing more illegal stuff. He knew what would happen.

Don't be mad because we finally caught your Captain. Jack. Sparrow.

There is no way Thalmarkin can seriously use him as a legitimate excuse/martyr to justify how the war has been escalated.

Yeah and you declared void the whole judge agreement. Please...