Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 131947 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #120: April 14, 2013, 06:52:48 PM »
"Hooray! The most hated noble of BT in our realm!"

Great effort from you guys to keep it 1 on 1. :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: April 14, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »
I've yet to see any cheers, despite all the freebies I'm giving them. ;)

And betrayal is bull!@#$. Guillaume got framed by people who wanted his throne. As for the fourth invasion, the alliance with the daimons was purely to keep the monsters in check, unlike the Riombarans (Meridian Republic) who used the monsters to kill a human realm (Avalon) and take lands (Fwuvoghor).

Sint openly worshipped the daimons, and Hemaism's wiki still puts them as gods, and yet even the self-righteous riombarans have no problems with allying them to break their treaty with Enweil and invade.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: April 14, 2013, 07:33:06 PM »
Sint openly worshipped the daimons, and Hemaism's wiki still puts them as gods, and yet even the self-righteous riombarans have no problems with allying them to break their treaty with Enweil and invade.

And people still talk about Sint the way the Cato talked about Carthage, though a change in leadership and honorable behavior during the last invasion have helped.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: April 14, 2013, 08:36:03 PM »
And people still talk about Sint the way the Cato talked about Carthage, though a change in leadership and honorable behavior during the last invasion have helped.

I used to talk about Enweil like that back in the day. :)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: April 14, 2013, 09:21:01 PM »
I still talk like that about everybody :P

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: April 15, 2013, 03:26:27 PM »
Public Execution   (1 hour, 48 minutes ago)
Messengers bring news of a public execution in Agyr earlier today.
Kuvio, a noble of Thalmarkin, had been banned from Melhed as a traitor on 2013-02-23. When he was later imprisoned, the judge of Melhed decided to make him pay for his treason.

Tstststs.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: April 15, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »
You can't say he didn't deserve it. He has been attacking Melite nobles even while he wore the colors of Sint.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: April 15, 2013, 03:32:48 PM »
And that makes him thus the more special to us. :)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: April 15, 2013, 05:38:48 PM »
You can't say he didn't deserve it. He has been attacking Melite nobles even while he wore the colors of Sint.

Oh man, I'd forgotten about that. It's true, he was pretty popular in Thal even back then!

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: April 15, 2013, 06:29:46 PM »

Yeah, and Maya remembers it all. She's got a forgiving attitude for now... but it doesn't extend to Kuvio, who seriously injured at least 2 nobles as I recall, including our last judge.

Eirikr

« Reply #130: April 15, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »
Yeah, and Maya remembers it all. She's got a forgiving attitude for now... but it doesn't extend to Kuvio, who seriously injured at least 2 nobles as I recall, including our last judge.
Grinning ear-to-ear.
I only wish I could do more. I was delightfully surprised about the reaction to his execution.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:18:54 PM by Eirikr »

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: April 15, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »
I only wish I could do more. I was delightfully surprised about the reaction to his execution.

It certainly has not gone unnoticed, and will strike down as a big bang soon enough worldwide :)
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: April 15, 2013, 11:33:07 PM »
Magic-fest in both Thal and Melhed! Is the world coming to an end?  ;D
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: April 15, 2013, 11:50:14 PM »
My dude has now witnessed a good number of uses of the scrolls to summon foul beasts. Though we'll wait to see if more spawn, the horde in Melhed was rather small for the amount of scrolls used... All of the spawns always seem to be about the same number of baddies, regardless of how many scrolls are used.

I suspect, however, that using a ton may either enlarge the area of effect or have a lingering effect, perhaps in addition to bigger spawns if bigger they ought to be. There may be a delay that must be considered as well...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: April 16, 2013, 12:48:08 AM »
Awwww, that sounds disappointing :(

What was the approximate count?