Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 135913 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #285: May 21, 2013, 04:39:03 AM »
^ Perfect ^

Also, whose genius idea was it to drag Kalixta into a public debate for the realm's future? Maya must be HATING that person right now...  ::)

Meanwhile, Guillaume's just sitting in a corner quietly, praying for this mess to get settled as quickly as possible so that action may be taken against Riombara.  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: May 21, 2013, 04:45:52 AM »
I was just hoping that Kalixta would come to Lastfell to participate on the discussion...
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #287: May 21, 2013, 05:47:30 AM »
While I always haaaaaaate missing any RP opportunity, Kalixta didn't have any choice in this case. She also did not know that the Queen herself would be staying behind to negotiate face to face.

All things considered, it's probably better for everyone that Kalixta was not around for that. No need to throw napalm on cooling coals  :P
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288: May 21, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »
Heh. Well Baron Immanuel actually offered to marry Kalixta in the place of Duke Outo. Unfortunately that was the point where General Enzo threatened bloody retribution til the end of time on anyone who married her :p

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #289: May 22, 2013, 04:12:43 AM »
Heh. Well Baron Immanuel actually offered to marry Kalixta in the place of Duke Outo. Unfortunately that was the point where General Enzo threatened bloody retribution til the end of time on anyone who married her :p

say wut?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #290: May 22, 2013, 09:13:11 AM »
I think its something to do with that execution... nothing personal :p
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #291: May 25, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
Queen Maya and King Fingolfin have signed the Treaty of Unger yesterday. It reads as follows:

By the signing of the following treaty, the Thalmarkin-Melhed war comes to an end.

- Melhed cedes the duchy of Agyr (except for Tempona and Bisana) to Thalmarkin. The regions joining Thalmarkin shall consist in Agyr, Hopidrii, Gor Ault, Rengo and Bil Havil. The regions will join Thalmarkin within two weeks from the signing of this treaty. The duchy shall join Thalmarkin by the Duke/Duchess swearing allegiance to Thalmarkin and thereafter stepping down from her Ducal position. All Lords shall have evacuated their Lordships before the Duchy swears allegiance to Thalmarkin.

- Thalmarkin will from these regions create a new realm to be ruled by Duke Outo Olavi. The new realm shall decide its own future, but start its life at peace with the signatories of this treaty. The realm shall be created at the timing of Thalmarkins convenience.

- Thalmarkin and Melhed returns to a state of peace, and shall both work for improving relations after the end of the war.

- Melhed will drop all claims on the regions north and west of the great river.

- Melhed will be allowed to keep Tepmona as a token of future friendship between Thalmarkin and Melhed.

- Melhed will return the Brilliant Sword of Unlife to Thalmarkin upon its finding, and the Brilliant Ring of Ice shall be turned over within two weeks from the signing of this treaty.

- The charges of crimes commited by Priest Yeux, Lady Kalixta and Queen Maya are dropped as a token of future friendship between Thalmarkin and Melhed.

Thus ends the War of Ice and Sun.

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #292: May 26, 2013, 12:28:25 AM »
Rebellion in Melhed   (just in)
A rebellion is breaking out in Melhed. Earlier today, Claudius Germanicus Claudius Germanicus Augustus has called for an uprising against the current government. Details are still sketchy.

Or not yet?

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #293: May 26, 2013, 12:37:42 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: May 26, 2013, 01:21:20 AM »
Oh well... at least everyone knows what the rebellion is all about now. :)

I wonder what would happen if we moved into Agyr. o:)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #295: May 26, 2013, 03:09:32 AM »
Rebellion in Melhed   (just in)
A rebellion is breaking out in Melhed. Earlier today, Claudius Germanicus Claudius Germanicus Augustus has called for an uprising against the current government. Details are still sketchy.

Or not yet?

Maya basically dared her critics to rebel. Guess they were listening!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #296: May 26, 2013, 11:00:23 PM »
Loving the way you're doing the capital move. The whole exodus. It's great to see such an important and unique event be RP'd properly.
This is bound to become another major event in Melhed's history, if anyone is still bothering to keep the Agyrian Academy running (guess you'll have to move that too). :)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #297: May 27, 2013, 02:31:11 AM »
True. Maya earned the respect of everyone lately :) Except from some melites...

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: May 27, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »
OO is getting restless.. pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack...

8)
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #299: May 27, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »
Why have a vote to decide on realm matters when you can seal the deal by rebellion? :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron