Author Topic: Region Economy rebalance  (Read 35547 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Region Economy rebalance
« Reply #60: June 13, 2013, 02:49:06 AM »
Gold is almost pointless now. My characters have a total of ~10k gold pooled, with another 13k family wealth -- and this is after less than a year of playing. They can't spend their gold on units, because units cost too little. They can't spend their gold on recruitment centres, because their regions already have lots of recruitment centres and adding more would be pointless. They cannot spend their gold on militia, because their regions aren't threatened, so militia for them would be pointless also.

Their choice is either to spend their gold on pointless things, or else to continue saving the gold for no reason. As a result, I no longer care for gold other than as an E-Peen metre, and not really even for that. That is why I was hoping that gold supplies would decrease, as a decrease would be a step towards making gold valuable again.

There has been some thought of introducing some ways to make use of very large amounts of gold, too, possibly up to tens of thousands.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan