Author Topic: Priest must have 'reputation' before a personal sermon  (Read 2672 times)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Scenario: founder of a new faith goes abroad to convert some willing participants.

They are pagans (having left their previous faith) and can't invite him for a personal sermon because the priest lacks 'reputation.'

Priest has high honor and prestige and oratory around 70%.

What is meant by 'reputation' in this instance?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Oratory skill, maybe?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Scenario: founder of a new faith goes abroad to convert some willing participants.

They are pagans (having left their previous faith) and can't invite him for a personal sermon because the priest lacks 'reputation.'

Priest has high honor and prestige and oratory around 70%.

What is meant by 'reputation' in this instance?

Looking at the code, there is no actual error message for inviting a priest that mentions "reputation."

In order to be able to help, I will need as much direct information as possible: who the priest is, who is trying to invite them, and the exact text of the error message would all help in narrowing this down.

Also, I know for a fact that the feature is, at least, not completely broken, because my priest character was invited for a sermon just a week or two ago, and successfully converted the Duke of Rines. For what that's worth :)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The character is Lucius Scarlett on the FEI. Both William Norrel and Augusta Meneldur were unable to invite him for a sermon. William got this message on the 'invite a priest' screen. The 'invite' list was just blank even though Lucius was there with him. Lucius is the founder of the faith.

Also, 'worshiping' is mis-spelled.
-----

Out-of-Character from William Norrel   (19 hours, 42 minutes ago)
You are a pagan. Since you are not a member of any religious order that was nobly enlightened or founded, no matter what spirits or deities you currently are worshipping, they apparently all took their origins from the lowly peasants. Not something very honourable to be even mentioned about.
Fortunate for you, during your stay in Taop, you encounter the opportunity to learn more about some of those "higher ideas". You can invite any priests who have already built their own reputations and happen to be in this region the same moment, to come to your place and deliver a private sermon, which may help you to understand some of the fundamental doctrines of their faiths and perhaps even a chance to convert with the blessings from them. That is, if they are willing to extract themselves temporarily from their vast followers specially for you alone.
Invite...
It will require you an hour of time to send out this invitation.

egamma

Only region lords can invite the priest, right?

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I do not think so. I seem to recall my old priest character being invited to a sermon by a knight. It may be that you have to be in your region so as to have a place to invite the priest to?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I do not think so. I seem to recall my old priest character being invited to a sermon by a knight. It may be that you have to be in your region so as to have a place to invite the priest to?

Why would I even get the option to do it outside of my region then?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I am only speculating...

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Has there been any news on this?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I still do not ever have this option as the founder of a religion with speech in the high 70s/low 80s. I am unsure of how to spread the religion to other realms without making people come to the one temple that we have.