Author Topic: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?  (Read 49563 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?
« Reply #120: September 09, 2011, 12:30:12 AM »
Oh count me in for Garrett smashing!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: September 09, 2011, 03:20:48 AM »
If you don't dream big, what's the use in dreaming?

What's bigger than a near-impossible task? But that's not the reason. Think of the classy RP that could come out of a small realm with Balance's Retreat and the surrounding mountains? That is a realm I'd want to be a part of. And yeah, Barca does teach you to live on a very tight budget, though things are certainly improving :)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: September 09, 2011, 03:28:51 AM »
Naw, the numbers aren't that bad--at least in the regions I traveled through. I suspect that they would spawn a lot more soliders if we did try something like that, however.

You realise that like the invaders on BT, the raw CS of their troops is probably not a great indication of their actual effectiveness.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

egamma

« Reply #123: September 09, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »
You realise that like the invaders on BT, the raw CS of their troops is probably not a great indication of their actual effectiveness.

Don't get me wrong--I think each daimon was about 10 times the strength of each human, they are certainly not pushovers. The question really boils down to, how quickly can they recruit more?

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: September 09, 2011, 10:51:11 PM »
Consider this:

IF the decision to go to war with the Zuma was passed by the Veinsormoot we would have D'hara, Barca and Terran on board ( since this scenario is in the future Barca has a tough military and D'hara has few food problems due to Barca's surplus).

Asylon would most likely get involved because of their good relations with Terran and the Veinsormoot.

Allison and Golden Farrow would get involved because of her dislike of Garret. (again, since this is the future we can assume GF has developed into a decently tough realm)

The other SA realms (Astrum, Morek, Corsanctum) would most likely get involved to support Allison.

The Lurias would join due to their religious quest to cleanse the monsters of Dwi. This would include PeL, LN, and the new realm in Shinnen.

This leaves Madina, Fissoa and Libero/ Summerdale without a decent reason to join but I imagine Madina would since they envision themselves as some sort of "free world" power and Libero and Summerdale would because, hey, why not, nothing better to do up there. And Fissoa would likely also end up sending troops just to not be left out lol

Now we have 14 realms...against the Zuma....

Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: September 09, 2011, 11:00:34 PM »
The other SA realms (Astrum, Morek, Corsanctum) would most likely get involved to support Allison.
* Indirik spews coffee all over his keyboard...

I think you really don't understand Allison's relationship to the rest of SA.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: September 09, 2011, 11:08:48 PM »
* Indirik spews coffee all over his keyboard...

I think you really don't understand Allison's relationship to the rest of SA.

HAHAHA!  yea, Allison is the black sheep of SA.  Everyone...  and I do mean everyone...  in SA has a reason to hate Allison.  Somehow, someway she has managed to stay on top.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: September 09, 2011, 11:11:55 PM »
Ok maybe "to support Allison" was the wrong way to say it.

Still, an anti Zuma crusade is not hard to turn into a religious issue and I feel like someone as wily as Allison WILL be able to garner support from the other SA realms
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »

Still, an anti Zuma crusade is not hard to turn into a religious issue and I feel like someone as wily as Allison WILL be able to garner support from the other SA realms

I doubt Asylon would join in. I really doubt it.

And I doubt any of the 'moot realms care enough to sacrifice their realm to fight the Zuma.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: September 09, 2011, 11:23:42 PM »

I think you overestimate our zeal. That's one hell of a long march for most of the SA realms. It takes Morek like a week just to get to Astrum. Tack on another week easily to get to Zuma lands from there. Even Astrum seems unlikely to be interested. We have lots and lots of problems of our own, like mass monster migrations out of the west.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: September 09, 2011, 11:28:32 PM »
Don't get me wrong--I think each daimon was about 10 times the strength of each human, they are certainly not pushovers. The question really boils down to, how quickly can they recruit more?

If they have units like the daimons on BT do, the CS value is a *gross* understatement of their actual effectiveness.

I would also suspect that destroying the Zuma might not be possible. They were obviously put there for a reason by Tom. I doubt that reason was to be a punching bag.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: September 10, 2011, 12:12:06 AM »
There to be a challenge? Who doesn't like a challenge? But yeah, Asylon has them there demon worshippers, doesn't it?

The real problem with this is that most realms don't trust the other realms on Dwilight. So one, or even a couple, go up against the Zuma and the rest will just sit back grinning at their misfortune. I'd assume.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: September 10, 2011, 01:58:14 AM »
There to be a challenge? Who doesn't like a challenge? But yeah, Asylon has them there demon worshippers, doesn't it?

The real problem with this is that most realms don't trust the other realms on Dwilight. So one, or even a couple, go up against the Zuma and the rest will just sit back grinning at their misfortune. I'd assume.

Given there's no real reason to join in, indeed.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: September 10, 2011, 02:23:58 AM »
If you poke the sleeping bear with a pointy stick, expect to get mauled.

Brance doesn't want to get mauled. He saw the battle report from when the Zuma went on the war path last time.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: September 10, 2011, 03:31:21 AM »
The Lurias would join due to their religious quest to cleanse the monsters of Dwi. This would include PeL, LN, and the new realm in Shinnen.

Even we Lurians aint craz.... Religious enough to go sailing and marching half way round the continent to get battered. We would need to have Subjecated D'hara/Madina first to give us a base of operations....

Give us a few RL years ;)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries