Author Topic: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?  (Read 50692 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?
« Reply #75: June 26, 2011, 07:41:12 AM »
I am dreading the task ahead of me.   I will end up colonizing either Golden Farrow (yea, a little optimistic),  or it will end up being Flowrestown.  Both cities are about the same size.  I am dreading having to feed either city.  Founding a new realm is a lot of work.  There is already a pretty extensive list of dead realms on Dwilight.  Founding a new realm is by no means easy.  I wonder what the success rate for new realms is on Dwilight is?  I've supported new realms founding, but never done it myself.  The Entai thing never had a chance of success. 

It was a really fun couple of days though!   I just want to found a single duchy realm in a larger city.  Darfix is just too far away and spoken for.  I like the location of Golden Farrow.

That is my dream. Found a new, successful realm. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: June 27, 2011, 12:11:02 AM »
I dunno, honestly. It makes us take it seriously, yes...

But it also forces me to revolve *everything* around it, and spend crazy efforts on making sure we get what we requiring without causing price wars or uncontrolled inflation. It also means that unless food is directly involved and our stores are running low, war is out of question. In a way, I consider food to be another kind of maintenance, and I wouldn't want to have to spend the time I spend on it for Dwilight on all the other continents.

I would suggest that D'Hara's situation is special. For most realms, food is a bigger concern than on other continents (largely because of seasons I suspect, moreso even than monsters). But in D'Hara, you must be uniquely concerned with it. Basically, you need a realm of traders, priests, and diplomats, with the occasional soldier.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #77: June 27, 2011, 12:16:44 AM »
Mm, food...You guys have no idea...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: June 27, 2011, 12:24:33 AM »
Mm, food...You guys have no idea...

Do you post just purely for the sake of upping your post count?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #79: June 27, 2011, 12:35:36 AM »
You're beginning to sound like Draco Tanos, only trying to attack my post count.

No, I'm stating a fact. You guys really don't understand just how tough low food income is on Dwilight.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: June 27, 2011, 04:14:09 AM »
You're beginning to sound like Draco Tanos, only trying to attack my post count.

No, I'm stating a fact. You guys really don't understand just how tough low food income is on Dwilight.

As opposed to the Zuma, with a handful of badlands that probably have a total population count of about 13?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #81: June 27, 2011, 04:17:27 AM »
Sorry, you're off with the total population count. I guess it's been a long time since you last visited.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: June 27, 2011, 03:12:16 PM »
Sorry, you're off with the total population count.
Not by that much. :p 100 bushels of food feeds you guys for, what, a week? Longer?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: June 27, 2011, 07:50:49 PM »
I'm not sure if I've posted here or not, but my current dream for Hyperion is to become a ruler of a realm. Doesn't have to be a new realm, might be Caerwyn, but with such a large ruler's channel and such a large continent, it would be fun to lead a realm on Dwilight more than anywhere else.

That or sell a city to another realm for 10,000 gold.  ::) Nah, probably not, but that would be an easy family wealth boost.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #84: June 27, 2011, 08:53:45 PM »
Not by that much. :p 100 bushels of food feeds you guys for, what, a week? Longer?

Not saying...only going to say I can pay the current agreed biweekly price with Terran comfortably even if it were a weekly deal.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: June 27, 2011, 09:51:34 PM »
...with such a large ruler's channel and such a large continent, it would be fun to lead a realm on Dwilight more than anywhere else.
Meh... Dwilight ruler's channel is as boring as any other ruler's channel. There's no more communication there than on, for example, FEI. Or EC. The main problem with Dwilight is that realms are so isolated that there's not a lot of direct interaction between realms. The ruler's channel is mostly used as a handy way to pick those two or three you want to talk to.

Anyway, the rulers channel in general is almost always a place for showmanship, soapboxing, and playing to the crowd. Nothing truly important ever gets discussed in public. Everything important is worked out in private.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: June 27, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »
Heh, the first and last thing that was ever mentioned on the ruler channel being ruler is when one of the Luries ruler was complaining to the other one about something. It had absolutely no relevance to anyone besides those two, and I remember it being very small in importance. Being on the other side of the continent, it was just pointless blabber.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: June 27, 2011, 10:01:02 PM »
Last I remember on Dwilight ruler's channel was PeL publicly complaining to LE about some Dwilight University guildhouse getting torn down.

... who cares, right?

Or was it some other guild? Meh. You can tell how much I paid attention to it, right?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: June 27, 2011, 10:03:20 PM »
You mean the sacking of a Dwilight Tradin Company guildhouse?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: June 27, 2011, 10:13:48 PM »
Oh, was that it? Yeah, you can tell how much *anyone* cared about it.

Like I said, public grandstanding.