Author Topic: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?  (Read 50279 times)

Rogi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?
« Reply #60: June 23, 2011, 02:20:36 PM »
My dread is to see Barca being able to hold a good military strengh that allows her to expand more to the west.

My dream will change but for now my greatest dream is to conquer Darfix. I wonder how much gold it will generate.

I think it would be a great idea to have more water routes we could use to move, although it should take high travel times. This way a colonization of Darfix would be easier, but it would be also easier to attack big cities having sea connections.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: June 23, 2011, 02:31:14 PM »
I think it would be a great idea to have more water routes we could use to move, although it should take high travel times.
Sea routes around the outside of the continent would have been nice. I don't see any particular reason why they aren't available, other than a simple oversight.

This way a colonization of Darfix would be easier, but it would be also easier to attack big cities having sea connections.
Getting to Darfix isn't the hard part. That's probably the easiest of all the challenges.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: June 23, 2011, 02:31:37 PM »
My dread is to see Barca being able to hold a good military strengh that allows her to expand more to the west.

Interesting, may I ask why?
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 23, 2011, 02:32:41 PM »
Or did you mean dream not dread?

That seems more likely now that I think about it haha
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #64: June 23, 2011, 07:26:25 PM »
Nah, I think he got it right.

Rogi

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: June 25, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
Or did you mean dream not dread?

That seems more likely now that I think about it haha

Sorry, you're right, I wanted to say dream

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: June 25, 2011, 05:12:31 PM »
Having enough food to feed a fully populated Giask (148.500 peasants). I think that that is my biggest dream atm..

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: June 25, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
Having enough food to feed a fully populated Giask (148.500 peasants). I think that that is my biggest dream atm..

You should just leave that city rogue, it's not worth feeding. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: June 25, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »

Start paying more than D'Hara for food, and you can probably feed your peasants ;)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: June 25, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »
Start paying more than D'Hara for food, and you can probably feed your peasants ;)

Yeah do that :)

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: June 25, 2011, 10:18:04 PM »
Or just make sure my duchy is large enough ;) Besides, I doubt that anyone will be able to sell any food. Fissoa, on who I hoped in the past rather disappointed me ;p

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: June 25, 2011, 10:46:27 PM »
Or just make sure my duchy is large enough ;) Besides, I doubt that anyone will be able to sell any food. Fissoa, on who I hoped in the past rather disappointed me ;p

You guys aren't offering enough, 40gp per 100?   Our Dukes can't even buy food from their own REGIONS at that price.     D'Hara pays 50gp per 100, and that's with them coming to pick it up.   Guessing our traders would charge at least 60 if you wanted it delivered to Giask, probably more.  They are greedy and that city puts out a LOT of gold.

Food is probably the single most valuable commodity in Dwilight.   Monsters hit all the food producing regions, Cities are nice and protected but starve as a result.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: June 26, 2011, 12:32:12 AM »
Food is probably the single most valuable commodity in Dwilight.

Dwilight, I think, is a good example of how the food game probably should work.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: June 26, 2011, 02:28:37 AM »

I agree, but in this case it's an effect of the rogue regions and NPC's.    Food should be important, but no other island has any trouble holding food regions or constant monster attacks.   

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: June 26, 2011, 05:54:41 AM »

I dunno, honestly. It makes us take it seriously, yes...

But it also forces me to revolve *everything* around it, and spend crazy efforts on making sure we get what we requiring without causing price wars or uncontrolled inflation. It also means that unless food is directly involved and our stores are running low, war is out of question. In a way, I consider food to be another kind of maintenance, and I wouldn't want to have to spend the time I spend on it for Dwilight on all the other continents.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron