Author Topic: Transfering gold amongst your own characters  (Read 5479 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Transfering gold amongst your own characters
« Reply #15: April 04, 2013, 09:15:05 AM »
Doubtful, as it would be easy and more effective to simply disallow that outright. But, if it is the case, then the moral dilemma posed has to do with having multiple characters in the same realm, rather than transferring gold between them.

It is allowed to have two different characters, with different personalities and independent objectives, being played by the same player and in the same realm. One could imagine a situation where one of these characters may want to transfer gold to the other, although this is quite rare.

The issue is that in many cases the characters will not be independent. One will be used solely to prop up the other, to gain two votes and hold two estates. This is discouraged. The restriction on transferring gold between your own characters is designed to make this style of play less attractive.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 04, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »
I see no problem with asking a third party to aid in the transfer of gold between two characters of the same family.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 04, 2013, 01:28:58 PM »
So far as I am aware, there is absolutely no problem with using a third party to transfer gold between two of your own characters. It is certainly not frowned upon or discouraged. The restriction exists, I've been told, to make it less convenient to use a second character as a mule just to store your gold, or to get two shares of taxes. The requirement for a third party puts a bit of uncertainty and inconvenience into what would otherwise be an instantaneous and secure transfer.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 04, 2013, 02:47:28 PM »
Human brain always finds a way to go around an obstacle.. Heck if people of one realm can transfer large sums of gold to another realm, you can too send it to another character by circumventing the mechanics. If you can RP it well, then you are all set! Otherwise it makes you look like a jackass.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 04, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »
Using third parties to transfer gold between two characters of the same family is not a circumvention of anything.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 05, 2013, 02:16:28 AM »
It's so that you don't create a second character, have them visit the bank and send your primary character 50 gold, delete the second character, and repeat the next day.

You'll drain your family, but not before your primary character has all your family wealth.

Deleting characters takes time. And a character creation cooldown would seem like a better means of achieving this to me...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 05, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »
Deleting characters takes time. And a character creation cooldown would seem like a better means of achieving this to me...

Already exists.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 05, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »
Already exists.

Then what's the point of the gold restriction? I've had rich lords constantly give out gold to everyone for infrastructure of units, but whenever I wanted me second character to had a piece of it to build RCs in his own region, I had to pass gold through someone else... It's such a gamey restriction.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 05, 2013, 01:09:57 PM »
Then what's the point of the gold restriction? I've had rich lords constantly give out gold to everyone for infrastructure of units, but whenever I wanted me second character to had a piece of it to build RCs in his own region, I had to pass gold through someone else... It's such a gamey restriction.

Your second character could do like every other character you are passing gold to: ask someone who is not controlled by the same player.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 05, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »
Your second character could do like every other character you are passing gold to: ask someone who is not controlled by the same player.

My second character *did* do like every other character: he asked my wealthy and generous lord for some funds. Not every realm has a dozen people handing out all of their wealth for infrastructure projects, you know.