Author Topic: Bad day for Corsanctum?  (Read 10675 times)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Bad day for Corsanctum?
« Reply #30: May 10, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
There is potential but you either need to be really dedicated or really patient.

And neither of those is what BM should really be about, in my opinion. The first means your will burn out eventually, and the second means that you either become a drone or leave. In situations like these it is time to make radical decisions!  :P
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: May 10, 2013, 12:41:35 PM »
who had tried to make it more fun had come at the same time we probably would have got somewhere :P There is potential but you either need to be really dedicated or really patient.

i don't know if Norgard win the election , corsanctum will be more worst or not.. But we will try find way to go for a war. :)
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 10, 2013, 01:37:28 PM »
How about prosecution of heretics? Couldn't nobles from Corsanctum act as Inquisitors throughout the SA realms, nitpicking?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: May 10, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »
Anything like that would require the participation and buy-in from all the other realms.

Now that so many southern realms have become influential in SA, I don't think it's really possible for any realm to become the heart of SA that Corsanctum once tried to become. I doubt you could get the buy-in from enough people to centralize authority in such a way. Too many people from too many wide-spread realms are in power.

Although... if there were a big crisis that required some strong central authority, it might be possible to get enough big wigs to agree on the need for a geographically centered central authority. Corsanctum would be ideal for this.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: May 10, 2013, 03:21:53 PM »
Although... if there were a big crisis that required some strong central authority, it might be possible to get enough big wigs to agree on the need for a geographically centered central authority. Corsanctum would be ideal for this.

A crisis like...the threat of a true schism? ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: May 10, 2013, 03:31:17 PM »
Indeed, that is one possibility. A group of ambitious people in Corsanctum could work behind the scenes to engineer a crisis that could eventually lead to a tightening of control of the faith, with the establishment of a true seat of power in Corsanctum. There are some ways this could happen. It would require someone with some personal power and lots of religious authority to do it.

I have some  ideas.... ;)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: May 10, 2013, 07:23:54 PM »
Anything like that would require the participation and buy-in from all the other realms.

Now that so many southern realms have become influential in SA, I don't think it's really possible for any realm to become the heart of SA that Corsanctum once tried to become. I doubt you could get the buy-in from enough people to centralize authority in such a way. Too many people from too many wide-spread realms are in power.

Exactly.

But nobody expects the CORSANCTUM INQUISITION.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #37: May 10, 2013, 11:38:59 PM »
You could also RP the swift and seemingly sudden departure of Regent Himeko and the General (?) as part of some behind-the-scenes power shift that will change the way corsanctum does business...
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: May 10, 2013, 11:49:33 PM »

You say this, but SA has grown to the point that most people just follow suit. If Corsanctum (as the papal state) and the prophet (as the head) decided "Screw you guys, we run the show", most people are too invested to say no.

If this happens you may see some schisms or antagonism quicker, but it's inevitable either way. Rather than a sleeping giant, an angry and raving behemoth is much more interesting and may actually stir some life into things on Dwilight.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: May 11, 2013, 12:08:25 AM »
How about prosecution of heretics? Couldn't nobles from Corsanctum act as Inquisitors throughout the SA realms, nitpicking?

Corsanctum would make a good realm for priests, traders, infiltrators, and diplomats of all sorts to go spread the works of the faith to the far corners of the world. Crusaders? Not so much.

Then again, you'd need to have priests actively getting involved in wars.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: May 11, 2013, 01:16:20 AM »
You say this, but SA has grown to the point that most people just follow suit. If Corsanctum (as the papal state) and the prophet (as the head) decided "Screw you guys, we run the show", most people are too invested to say no.
If some random priests in Corsanctum tried to pull that, you'd not get a lot of buy-in. You'd get a lot of pushback, and they would e ignored, marginalized, and completely ineffectual.

If the prophet said that, you'd get a lot of buy-in. Not that I think the Prophet would actually say that. It would take some fairly paradigm-shifting even to make it happen.

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: May 11, 2013, 06:09:02 AM »
I have some ideas.... ;)

can you shared with me? ;)
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: May 11, 2013, 06:37:35 AM »
Referendum Results   (11 minutes ago)
The referendum "Vote for the Ruler" has ended. Here is the final tally:
16 votes for Norgard
12 votes for Panthera leo
4 votes for Calista Syrenne
12 abstentions
24 votes were not cast.

The winning choice is therefore Norgard, with 16 votes. A simple majority was required (i.e., 1 votes).
All hail to the new Regent, Norgard Kaltenthal, Regent of Corsanctum, Royal of Corsanctum, Margrave of Unterstrom, Vice-Marshal of Ferrum Sidereus

look like I will not say anything about the corsanctum. Let norgard and other banker judge that don't want any war.. Do their work to Bring Corsanctum to Death..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:34:59 PM by NireusD.Natalle »

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: May 11, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »
Starting an Inquisition shouldn't be all that hard. Afaics, most people barely roleplay their characters to follow religions prescriptions. Just tighten the rules a little, and let the hunt begin! Of course some kind of OOC agreement with a few players to lead their characters to their doom would be helpful to get things started :)