Author Topic: Favourite Government Position?  (Read 5502 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Government Position?
« Reply #15: April 23, 2013, 06:17:25 AM »
It means everything. Banker has to take extra care to ensure the regions are fed if the enemy burns/steals the food, the judge has to deal with nobles captured in battle and infiltrators, and the Ruler has to balance the sides of the war to try and keep the odds in his favor.
Other than the judge, its simply the job becoming more important but nothing changing really. Ruler's diplomacy and ability to run the realm well becomes more important, but was already important. Regions being fed should always be a priority, just a higher one when at war. I am not saying that it doesn't become more fun when at war, but I don't see why it would be fun at war for banker and ruler, but not fun when not. The general not being fun when not at war is for obvious reasons, and I can see reasons for saying the same with judge.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Government Position?
« Reply #16: April 23, 2013, 09:32:56 AM »
If your realm or at least a few regions isn't on the line then ruler diplomacy is just blathering. I agree banker is mostly useless in either case though.