Author Topic: About the "Spread the Word" announcement  (Read 4996 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Re: About the "Spread the Word" announcement
« Topic Start: April 11, 2013, 05:38:04 PM »
Either way we sure need new players. Many of the realms (if not most  :'() are pretty dead (communication wise, fun wise) these days. I've tried to liven them up with but my attempts have not met the most enthusiastic of responses yet.

I sent out word to targeted people on facebook today. To friends who I know likes history, strategy and games. I believe you're correct when you say it is not enough to just like battlemaster on facebook. No new players (at least nearly) will come from that. Instead I wrote a summary of what i thought the game was and why they should join, made as a personal message to a targetted person. Then I feel the chance is pretty good that they'll at least try the game.

But if they do try, the realms cannot be all quiet! Then all new players will leave because it is boring. They don't want to create the fun. All they will see is "I don't understand the game, no one is explaining the game, nothing happens" and the natural consequence is of course "bye bye".

Despite this being one hell of a game in reality if you can just get the right culture going! I remember back in 2005 and 2006 (while the game has changed since then, it is still in most ways the same game) that some realms had unbelievably fun cultures where it was so much fun to log on and see the crazy stuff being talked about. Since then it seems to have been a steady decline until now  :'(
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)