Author Topic: Allison's Eulogies  (Read 32906 times)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Allison's Eulogies
« Reply #60: April 13, 2013, 03:22:55 AM »
Nonetheless no need to hate the character OOC just because of a lack of titles

I don't hate the player at all. The player is clearly pretty smart.

During the brief time Allison was in Terran, her one and only explanation when she was called on not using titles ICly was that she used her phone. If it had been 'just for now' or 'I usually have more time' or really any statement other than 'I don't care' I doubt anybody would have held it against her.

Even so, it's not like she was marginalized on that account. She didn't try to make many inroads in Terran, and that may well have been for unrelated strategic reasons in that she'd made several enemies there by the time she arrived. My character wasn't one of them though.

I play all my characters with roleplays defining how the character will act in general and I specifically go out of the way to not offer advice on things I know about because I don't want my characters to all feel like they are the same

That's very good, and hard to do.

BM is all amateurs (in the non-pejorative sense - I include myself here as I am an armchair medievalist but not credentialed in it). All of the guides and mentoring that's done should and usually does keep that in mind. I am a little bit bitter because I learned a lot when I first came here. There were lots of very creative people. Some were good writers, some knew their history, some were both of those things. It's been the case for a while now that that's more the exception than the rule, but that is absolutely not Allison's fault so I apologize for hijacking the thread. It's just a reminder of it, for me anyway, to see a character so disinterested in what made BM great for me held up as an example of what makes it great now.

Maybe she is. I'm in the minority these days anyway.