Author Topic: Allison's Eulogies  (Read 32919 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Allison's Eulogies
« Reply #60: April 13, 2013, 03:24:33 AM »
I could never figure out whether you were supposed to call people by their first or family names for a while but everyone I ran into used first names. There's no Lord Donghaiwei or whatever, just Lord Bob. If Terran has a completely different way of doing things compared to pretty much every other realm in the game then that's cool, and might explain my dude's lack of success in palling around with Kale Perth, but you have to understand that pretty much everywhere else is a lot more laid back about it, and someone who has been in the game a long time will have more difficulty adapting to that while somebody who is brand new you can mold and shape.

She was refusing to even use the title "Lord" or even family names.

She was just calling people by first names, politely asked in private to use titles, refused to do so ICly, was asked in public, refused ICly, got angry responses in public, and, as I recall, then gave IC reasons, and also the OOC phone playing reason.

Let's be honest though: many nobles of Terran really hated Allison. All they needed was an excuse.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner