Author Topic: Gold/Food re-balance  (Read 35030 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Gold/Food re-balance
« Reply #105: April 17, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
To quote from that topic, but related to Dwilight:
Second of all, the dev team has been concerned that the rebalances in the past have moved the game much more toward homogeneity. There was becoming too little difference between being Lord of a city and being Lord of any other region—particularly with the separation of Dukeships from Lordships of cities. This may make people feel more equal, but it's not good design for a game of medieval nobles and knights. Inequality is an inherent part of the system, and should not be played down to the extent that it was.

The rebalance makes the problem worse for those smaller cities who had this problem to begin with.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #106: April 18, 2013, 02:41:26 AM »
To quote from that topic, but related to Dwilight:
The rebalance makes the problem worse for those smaller cities who had this problem to begin with.

The point of the rebalance was to make it formulaic. Something where all they had to do was insert a different variable to change an equation. It makes it a whole lot easier on the whole to change the region statistics that way, and with less bugs in the long run.

Honestly, this shouldn't have been called a rebalance, it should be called a reformat. The way region gold and food production max is being reformatted to a formulaic design from a completely arbitrary one.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: April 23, 2013, 09:51:42 PM »
It would be nice if Uscala: http://www.battlemaster.org/testing/RegionDetails.php?ID=177 on Beluaterra could get a boost from the current projected statistics. It would go from an excellent region to an average one with more than good food (and food is for the birds on Beluaterra). The gold gets halved.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: April 24, 2013, 01:56:05 AM »
It would be nice if Uscala: http://www.battlemaster.org/testing/RegionDetails.php?ID=177 on Beluaterra could get a boost from the current projected statistics. It would go from an excellent region to an average one with more than good food (and food is for the birds on Beluaterra). The gold gets halved.
And I don't see why that's  bad for the game, so what's your point? Btw, food has changed drastically for Bel so I wouldn't be so sure of that.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #109: April 24, 2013, 05:35:13 AM »
If this rebalance or reformat only causes problems the dev team will work on it again. Until then, let it be implemented first so they can gather some data.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: April 24, 2013, 01:00:25 PM »

Food gets significantly reduced on BT, so that all continents have the same surplus size. As such, Dwi rurals will, on average, be much more productive than BT rurals.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: April 24, 2013, 02:22:29 PM »
Ah crap, Fissoa's income is tiny! Our whole realm barely produces twice as much as Madina City by itself. We've been making great progress, both on an IC and OOC level, I think, but this is just ... heartbreaking. !@#$, we're always going to be that midget realm down south :P

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: April 24, 2013, 08:07:57 PM »

Food gets significantly reduced on BT, so that all continents have the same surplus size. As such, Dwi rurals will, on average, be much more productive than BT rurals.

Chenier is correct. Food production on BT is reduced by something like 30% total... or maybe more, can't recall off the top of my head.

You should be careful about comparing region stats between islands. Much better to compare between regions on the same island.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: April 25, 2013, 03:02:21 PM »
Ah crap, Fissoa's income is tiny! Our whole realm barely produces twice as much as Madina City by itself. We've been making great progress, both on an IC and OOC level, I think, but this is just ... heartbreaking. !@#$, we're always going to be that midget realm down south :P

That's why you must annex Madina and drop your silly colony plans. Place the colony in Tower Fatmilak and keep Madina for yourself.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #114: April 27, 2013, 12:34:38 AM »
Colony plans? Who has those?

Watly

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: July 22, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »
I am sorry for necroing this thread, but I want to express my concerns for one region in South-Western Dwilight. After the Rebalance, Hawoq'y will go from a really !@#$ty province to unable to support anyone, unless at 100% production. I find this quite dramatic and would love to hear your opinion on it.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: July 22, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »
A lot of the mountain regions are worse.

Just ditch Haqoq'y and take one of Aurvandil's regions instead. Gallacia is, for some reason, extremely rich, even richer than most towns, and there's nothing stopping you -- as in just you, one character -- from going there and taking it over yourself. You don't even have to have anyone else backing you up. Just travel there and spend one week taking it over with some cheap infantry.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: July 22, 2013, 11:21:48 AM »
Oh I'm sure he would love doing that  :P

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #118: July 22, 2013, 11:36:49 AM »
I am sorry for necroing this thread, but I want to express my concerns for one region in South-Western Dwilight. After the Rebalance, Hawoq'y will go from a really !@#$ty province to unable to support anyone, unless at 100% production. I find this quite dramatic and would love to hear your opinion on it.

Right now the current concern is getting a formula for region wealth and food production coded into the game. Balancing issues will be handled later.

egamma

« Reply #119: July 22, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »
Perhaps if there are two poor regions next to each other they can be merged.