Author Topic: Rebalance Clarifications  (Read 15744 times)

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalance Clarifications
« Reply #30: April 27, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »
I've been looking at the tweaks what they will do.

Right now Big Cities only flaw compared to smaller ones is they consume alot more food then small cities to produce maybe twice the gold.  If you take Ibladesh city it was consuming 10 times the food and producing 3 times more gold then a small city.  Now when it comes to rebalancing this rebalancing is actually making the game completely unbalanced since penalties of based on regions owned NOT population.

There are regions like Bursa and Zamor on EC that are going to be completely worthless under the current numbers as that extra region could mean a reduction of 1% in tax rate and if it produces sub 100 gold whats the point in even keeping it when you likely lose 1-2K from all other regions by keeping it.

Basically I dont think the rebalance will work unless overall region populations are tweaked to be closer together or regions are simply brought back into line to be closer together.  Just the way things currently are its much better to go for the biggers regions with more gold and more food and leave the smaller ones out.  Definately hope that the rebalancing things get worked through alot more before they go live because atm I feel its highly unbalanced on high population regions.