Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Firefox 20.0

Started by Perth, April 19, 2013, 01:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perth

Since I updated to Firefox 20.0 everything in game that uses the "list" format such as realm lists, character lists, etc. isn't working right. Also, the saved message feature doesn't seem to work.

Just thought I would give a heads up.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tom

Sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive but: How do you think this is helping us in any way? "isn't working right" tells us exactly NOTHING. That's like me calling the ambulance and saying I don't feel well. Yeah, they'll probably rush out because it's their job, but they will hate me all the way because I'm giving them absolutely zero indication what's wrong and what they need to bring. Am I on fire or do I have a headache?

Seriously, if you want to give us a heads up instead of a headache, at least tell us WHAT is wrong.

trying

I have firefox 20.0.1(the latest one) and have none of those issues.

Penchant

Aka, Perth please give a screen shot of the issue. It makes it much clearer to the Dev Team what the problem is.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

Did you clear your cache, uninstall and reinstall, etc?

Indirik

Stand on one foot?  Stick a carrot in your ear?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

Didn't mean to offend.

Here are some pics, let me know if you need anything else.

As you can see the list formats don't show up. And I can't sort them or anything.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lefanis

Send me your gold, I can fix that problem  8)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Gustav Kuriga

Quote from: Tom on April 19, 2013, 12:02:30 PM
Sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive but: How do you think this is helping us in any way? "isn't working right" tells us exactly NOTHING. That's like me calling the ambulance and saying I don't feel well. Yeah, they'll probably rush out because it's their job, but they will hate me all the way because I'm giving them absolutely zero indication what's wrong and what they need to bring. Am I on fire or do I have a headache?

Seriously, if you want to give us a heads up instead of a headache, at least tell us WHAT is wrong.

Exaggeration of the year. Also completely unneeded. Just ask him to be more specific.

Perth

Quote from: Lefanis on April 20, 2013, 12:09:43 PM
Send me your gold, I can fix that problem  8)

No way, that's the remnants of Kerwin's stash he fled Eston with.  8)

Tom

Quote from: Gustav Kuriga on April 20, 2013, 05:50:43 PM
Exaggeration of the year. Also completely unneeded. Just ask him to be more specific.

Some days, I am very nice. Some days, I have my doubts in the human race because people still don't know how to properly report a bug even though we and probably every other software developer in the world has been telling them forever.

Tom

Quote from: Perth on April 20, 2013, 01:53:13 AM
As you can see the list formats don't show up. And I can't sort them or anything.

That means that datatables javascript fails. I doubt they broke JS in Firefox - do you have stuff like noscript, ad blockers or something else installed that might interfere with javascript?

Perth

Quote from: Tom on April 21, 2013, 11:07:46 AM
That means that datatables javascript fails. I doubt they broke JS in Firefox - do you have stuff like noscript, ad blockers or something else installed that might interfere with javascript?

I do have Adblock Plus 2.2.3

Tom

Quote from: Perth on April 21, 2013, 09:11:53 PM
I do have Adblock Plus 2.2.3

ABP is pretty well-behaved, I use it myself. I'd be surprised if it were the reason.

Indirik

I still whitelist the battlemaster.org domain with adblock. There are, at rare intervals, a few misfires.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.