Author Topic: Terrain type training  (Read 14107 times)

Longmane

• Noble Lord
  • Longmane Family.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrain type training
« Reply #30: July 08, 2012, 05:35:41 PM »
I've been pondering (I'm trying to kick the habit   :D ) over this auto-retreat idea, and would like put forward a suggestion if I might.

How about instead of having a mechanism in place that only allows a unit to retreat, we could instead have two, with the second being a withdraw option available for marshals (and vice-marshals when applicable) and which they can use either to attempt avoid battle, ie after perhaps receiving a scout report showing the enemy heading mob handed towards the region their busily raiding, or else simply after accomplishing the goal they were there for.

I know it would require either a marshal or vice-marshal to be in the region, but heck if a realm can't at least arrange that then surly it's their fault when they suffer the consequences.

I also think it would enable things be handled, and dealt with, as totally different situations, penalty wise ect, as while a retreat would be troops in a near panic stricken headlong rush, and with perhaps no option give them orders until next turn, a withdrawal could be seen as a rather orderly, if somewhat overly hasty, legging it.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"