Author Topic: REJECTED: Stat-based 'Nickname' feature for Hero class  (Read 10202 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Seriously imagine an Aircraft Carrier-Launcher. Seriously. Think about it. Fighter jets swarming off the deck, phalanx guns blazing erratically, crewmen sliding overboard as it flies in a graceful arc through the air to impact on whatever happens to be the unfortunate target of this ridiculous weapon. (My idea, in this case)

Anyway, my idea was more like a Hero gets a nickname from the commoners (and mind you, that it would only be heroes). was that it would be ratio-based. Like achieving a certain win/loss ratio for duels, or for battles where the Hero was in command, or a certain amount of gold acquired from looting, etc. Then there would be a list of maybe a dozen or so names synonymous with the Hero's particular accomplishments, and (here is the important part), the Hero would then get to CHOOSE whether or not to accept the nickname.

I dunno... maybe we should just make the Aircraft Carrier-apult. That sounds way cooler anyway.

He launches aircraft carriers into the air?

Reminds me of this unit I downloaded for Total Annihilation, back in the days... A spaceship with landing pads... And cloaking for itself and landed ships. Except that, thing is, the ship could have 3 more of the same mega ship loaded onto it, and they could all fire even when landed. So I'd end up with 50 of these super spaceships stacked on each other, with only the main one to control and cloak them all but all of their firepower. :) Downloaded units for that game were so cool! XD

The US army should totally invent gigantic canons that shoot aircraft carriers at people.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron