Author Topic: Manual Government Change - Terran  (Read 31587 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Manual Government Change - Terran
« Reply #45: May 08, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »
For some reason the players in Terran (or the only one we've heard from so far) don't want to use it. Instead we hear "we've already RPd that it happened, so please change it for us".

There's only 4 or 5 of us (and 2 too new and low H/P to hold any offices), and I'm the only one who's very active on the forum. That's why you've only heard from me. Players shouldn't have to be active on the forum to demonstrate suitability for something like this.

I think Scarlett's assessment of it is fair: the game has let us make ourselves into a theocracy in every functional sense except one. It should let us do the last step too. I understand that current coding doesn't, hence the request for a manual change.

I understand that there is a way I can abuse game mechanics to get what I'm asking for, as you've explained. And as you mentioned in our private messages, there's a way I can structure that abuse so that nobody else can participate. If worst comes to worst, I'll consider taking that (abusive) route.

But it'd be way simpler if the devs just made the change I can unilaterally make anyway, and din't make me set an abusive precedent for government changes.

And it totally is abuse to have centrally planned anarchy.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner