Author Topic: Bad day for Corsanctum?  (Read 11366 times)

Deytheur

Re: Bad day for Corsanctum?
« Reply #15: May 10, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »
I have been in Cors for a long time. I am the first to admit that I don't play seriously there any more, I haven't for a long time, the limited time that I have goes into my other characters. I stay there more out of a misplaced sense of duty than because it is actually a fun place to be.

When I first joined it was kinda fun (plus there was the fun of finding out what BM really was), there was quite a bit of RP plus the whole struggling to survive with 4 regions against the 6k monster waves. And I met some nice players there.

But after the crusades against Thulsoma ended and the crazyness with Allison and Entai and we colonised the remaining rogue lands there hasn't been much else to do. Even fighting Caerwyn was pretty boring because of the travel times. And the realm dwindled even more.

Over the years several people (like Himeko and including myself at some point) have tried to inject some more life into it. However, there are many old timers there who never say anything, even when someone tries to make things happen. There are also generally some new players that for some reason don't try and get involved either. And then the person that was putting so much effort into trying to make it a better place gets jaded and gives up and either leaves or become one of the silent old timers themselves.

If all the people who had tried to make it more fun had come at the same time we probably would have got somewhere :P There is potential but you either need to be really dedicated or really patient.