Author Topic: Bad day for Corsanctum?  (Read 11339 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Re: Bad day for Corsanctum?
« Reply #15: May 09, 2013, 11:41:57 PM »
Maybe its time for the holy city to merge with another realm.

Maybe it is time for the holy city to become pagans ;)
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 09, 2013, 11:43:56 PM »
Corsanctum has never done anything grand.  They just assume since the Prophet lives there that they should get special treatment.

Except for spawn and nurture the greatest single power in the history of BattleMaster. Other than that, yeah. Not much at all.  ;)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 09, 2013, 11:44:39 PM »
if you want something interesting to happen get Alaster Kabrinski to join....
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 09, 2013, 11:54:49 PM »

Have all duchies change allegiance to Swordfell.

(that's my biased suggestion  ;D)

When we saw the report that the ruler and the other prominent noble left the continent I told the Fellish that they must have had a romance and ran away together, maybe RP it that way? hehee
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 10, 2013, 12:03:51 AM »
Corsanctum didn't spawn SA. They have had very little to do with steering it or expanding it. They are dwarfed and overshadowed by Astrum and Morek.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 10, 2013, 12:26:48 AM »
Corsanctum was an after thought.  It was founded to form a buffer between Morek and Astrum so they wouldn't fight.  They have never had an original thought in their entire existence.  Freke was given to them and so was Unterstrom. 

Astrum took Mimer and Morek didn't want to see Astrum spreading east.  A "cold war" broke out and Astrum suffered from massive starvation.  They had o give up Mimer to Mathurin and let him found a new realm.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 10, 2013, 01:06:11 AM »
Corsanctum had already been planned by that time.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 10, 2013, 02:20:27 AM »
I've been wanting to join Corsanctum for a good long while. I can't say I'm heading there now, but I will be soon enough. Nireus, if you have the will, I'd be down to try and revitalize the realm with you. Ofc everything will have to happen IG, but I've been planning this for a while.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 10, 2013, 02:55:28 AM »
I've been wanting to join Corsanctum for a good long while. I can't say I'm heading there now, but I will be soon enough. Nireus, if you have the will, I'd be down to try and revitalize the realm with you. Ofc everything will have to happen IG, but I've been planning this for a while.

I joined today. I hope something gets started.

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 10, 2013, 03:17:01 AM »
I joined today. I hope something gets started.
there will be discussion now in one guild. About war.. If my character or Panthera Leo being elected as ruler, Corsanctum will go for a war.. But if Norgard.. I dont know.

Have all duchies change allegiance to Swordfell.

(that's my biased suggestion  ;D)

When we saw the report that the ruler and the other prominent noble left the continent I told the Fellish that they must have had a romance and ran away together, maybe RP it that way? hehee
We will claim all region of Swordfell :)  Two young women go for a romantic journey..
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 10, 2013, 06:16:03 AM »
Except for spawn and nurture the greatest single power in the history of BattleMaster. Other than that, yeah. Not much at all.  ;)

What Indirik and dustole said. The only persons of any influence ever associated with that realm other than Mathurin (who tends to remain aloof from power politics) were Constantine and Medugnatos, and neither of them has ever really been steering the ship of SA. Medugnatos made a few half-hearted attempts to make Corsanctum relevant when he was its Regent, but Morek (more specifically Allison) quashed him.

Morek spawned SA and also Astrum. Morek was the real power behind SA for a long time, and historically it has never tolerated any noises of independence from Corsanctum.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 10, 2013, 06:44:03 AM »
Medugnatos made a few half-hearted attempts to make Corsanctum relevant when he was its Regent, but Morek (more specifically Allison) quashed him.
He's back now, though.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 10, 2013, 09:11:39 AM »
I'm game. If/When Skyndarbau dies Corsanctum is on my shortlist for Dwilight.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: May 10, 2013, 09:33:45 AM »
Corsanctum does have a nice ring to it - the most pious realm of SA, the heart of the Bloodstars. However, hearing that here on the forum is the best it gets. I have tried in the past to play a highly pious and dedicated zealous fanatic there, but Corsanctum didn't really deliver. From what I remember there were several attempts to make Corsanctum a powerful realm, but it was always bogged down by two real pillars of SA that are Astrum and Morek. Since BM is all about might is right, Corsanctum will never be what it was meant to be. Unless you bring down a whole bunch of players that would want to revitalize it and somehow manage to make the other theocracies bow to Corsanctum.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Deytheur

« Reply #29: May 10, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »
I have been in Cors for a long time. I am the first to admit that I don't play seriously there any more, I haven't for a long time, the limited time that I have goes into my other characters. I stay there more out of a misplaced sense of duty than because it is actually a fun place to be.

When I first joined it was kinda fun (plus there was the fun of finding out what BM really was), there was quite a bit of RP plus the whole struggling to survive with 4 regions against the 6k monster waves. And I met some nice players there.

But after the crusades against Thulsoma ended and the crazyness with Allison and Entai and we colonised the remaining rogue lands there hasn't been much else to do. Even fighting Caerwyn was pretty boring because of the travel times. And the realm dwindled even more.

Over the years several people (like Himeko and including myself at some point) have tried to inject some more life into it. However, there are many old timers there who never say anything, even when someone tries to make things happen. There are also generally some new players that for some reason don't try and get involved either. And then the person that was putting so much effort into trying to make it a better place gets jaded and gives up and either leaves or become one of the silent old timers themselves.

If all the people who had tried to make it more fun had come at the same time we probably would have got somewhere :P There is potential but you either need to be really dedicated or really patient.