Author Topic: Multis locked in EC  (Read 13918 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Multis locked in EC
« Reply #15: May 11, 2013, 08:14:51 PM »
The player in question will get a chance to explain himself.

If you think you are being framed by someone else, that's just not possible from my understanding of how these things work. And the likeliness of it even being attempted is incredibly low. Again, if the player in question feels like the accusation is incorrect, he can defend himself. Furthermore, sending gold to help a specific character is far from impossible... it's actually rather easy.

The reason that the evidence is not presented publicly is obvious: would the cops reveal publicly which routes they will patrol, and at what time they will do so? To elaborate on the anti-cheat checks would be to assist people in bypassing them. Many cheaters were only caught when they revealed themselves, but I don't recall any of them continuing to claim innocence after evidence on their wrongdoing was collected. IPs are only one of many tools: the last public catch before him was a guy who covered his IP trace pretty darn well, and indeed there was no way to trace them back to him. Other means were used. The point of not publishing the means used to catch him is to have other such cheaters repeat his mistakes, so that we can catch them too.

The reason for the lock of his accounts is not difficult to comprehend: he broke the rules. Only one account per player is the rule. He will get a chance to defend himself, if truly he is innocent (which I seriously doubt). I fail to see anything rude in this. You cheat, you lose. Simple. And for your information, he won't be "banned from the game for ever". His accounts will be permanently locked, but it is policy to allow players to return should they chose to begin respecting the rules.

And for your information, I am not in any way responsible for cheating checks.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron