Poll

What is your LEAST favorite of the BM continents? (Explain)

Atamara
17 (30.4%)
Beluaterra
3 (5.4%)
Colonies
9 (16.1%)
Dwilight
11 (19.6%)
East Continent
12 (21.4%)
Far East
4 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: LEAST favorite  (Read 15953 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: LEAST favorite
« Reply #30: May 15, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »
No, they gain power and go 'k cool that's enough I'm winning BM now'. A real medieval noble after becoming King would set out eliminating enemies within the kingdom, making new allies in his court, or expand his lands. They didn't say alright that's enough let's have a wedding.

Part of this is because many within SA see "our lands" as "SA lands" as opposed to "my realm". I think this brings an interesting dynamic to Dwilight. It's not like there never were any wars among SA realms, but because other realms are more then neighbours, these tend to be more civilized affairs.

Another part of this is simply because the biggest realm are already as big as they can be. Morek couldn't take over Corsanctum, nor would Astrum, even if they wanted to. They could destroy it, but not really absorb it.

Why the attitude by the way?

Sorry about that, I've had my coffee now.  :)

I think there are many extremely ambitious nobles within SA. These nobles do flex their muscles from time to time to see their goals achieved. Warfare may not be as frequent as on other continents, but personally I do like it that way. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, I prefer Dwilight to Atamara, some people prefer Atamara to Dwilight, and then everyone has his favorite playground.

I don't think it's fair, however, to say that nothng has happened since the destruction of Everguard. Just look at the borders and realms, and it's hugely different from then, at least as different if not more than any other continent. This didn't happen randomly, it happened because nobles with ambition pushed their luck, and some won big and some lost big, as it should be.
After all it's a roleplaying game.