Author Topic: 101 Ways to Destabalize the Northern Astroist Federation  (Read 80146 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
But wars of words are so much safer!

I wouldn't be so sure. Those can also end with you dead.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I wouldn't be so sure. Those can also end with you dead.

Some of the statements I've seen in SA have blown my mind, but not so badly to make my head literally explode.  ;)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Uh... what? So I'm only allowed to be upset about SA if I'm a member of it? That's ridiculous.

Also, I can only "play the game" so to speak with SA if I'm a member of it? Nonsense.

Kale has many influences and connections in SA. He did play the game. Just because he "lost" doesn't mean he didn't "play the game."

Bro.

You ain't playin' until you're on the court. Kale hasn't even put on his shorts yet in terms of SA politics. And his Phantarian and Farronite allies in the church just weaken his position anymore. Calling for the resignation of a sitting (and quite popular and powerful) Regent due to his fulfillment of oaths to one of the most respected institutions of the church is way silly.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

Bro.

You ain't playin' until you're on the court. Kale hasn't even put on his shorts yet in terms of SA politics. And his Phantarian and Farronite allies in the church just weaken his position anymore. Calling for the resignation of a sitting (and quite popular and powerful) Regent due to his fulfillment of oaths to one of the most respected institutions of the church is way silly.

Hah, Vellos, it is good to see you are still confident. Just because you do not hear the outrage from everyone doesn't mean others aren't allied with us.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Bro.

I'm not saying Kale's a power player. Obviously he isn't, he isn't in SA. I was just objecting to Generous telling me that 1) I didn't "even try" and 2) because I didn't try I couldn't "complain."

Kale tried. Kale does have allies and friends. And the issue is very split. A lot of important people disagree with the Crusade. Obviously, he doesn't have Hireshmont's influence. But Kale tried, that was my point.

As for calling for the Regent's resignation, I was unaware of that and didn't have anything to do with it.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Hah, Vellos, it is good to see you are still confident. Just because you do not hear the outrage from everyone doesn't mean others aren't allied with us.

oh noes a Niselur-Asylon-FR-Phantaria alliance! Me is petrified!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
oh noes a Niselur-Asylon-FR-Phantaria alliance! Me is petrified!

That would actually be a pretty nice war. Nisular, Asylon, FR, Phantaria, Libero vs. Astrum, Morek, Corsanctum, D'Hara, Swordfell (?)

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Gustav Kuriga

That would actually be a pretty nice war. Nisular, Asylon, FR, Phantaria, Libero vs. Astrum, Morek, Corsanctum, D'Hara, Swordfell (?)

I'm pretty sure D'Hara would fall on the other side of that equation.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure D'Hara would fall on the other side of that equation.

I'm pretty sure we'd just sit by and watch, cheering for both sides... I wouldn't see Swordfell jumping in on such a war either. Heck, I don't really see such a war happening at all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
If you knew what was really happening, you would be more concerned.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

D'Hara will fall under Morek-Astrum-etc. LN will probably join the side D'Hara isn't on.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
D'Hara will be too busy to pick sides.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
If you knew what was really happening, you would be more concerned.

I know there's !@#$ brewing, but I think you underestimate the power of the peacemongers. :P

And why on earth would D'Hara care to join any of these two sides? We've got plenty of enemies to worry about without stuffing our noses in the north's affairs.

Indeed.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

I do hope so- without a war against LN to distract him I have a funny feeling that Rynn would probably ride out to defend his one true love and drag the rest of D'Hara kicking and screaming with him. :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I do hope so- without a war against LN to distract him I have a funny feeling that Rynn would probably ride out to defend his one true love and drag the rest of D'Hara kicking and screaming with him. :P

Even if he wanted to, I doubt he could pull anyone to FR's "help" (I don't see them being under any threat). Not while Saffalore, Falkirk, and Aurvandil remain, at least.