Author Topic: 101 Ways to Destabalize the Northern Astroist Federation  (Read 83818 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Indeed, there was already a draft treaty being discussed between Hireshmont and Kale before Mordaunt arrived. All Mordaunt achieved was confusing the heck out of Phantarians. Everyone was literally like "uh.. where did that guy come from and what the hell is he doing?" We then asked him that and he never responded.

That's pretty easy to say in retrospect and from the outside looking in. When Terran gained 4-5 more Nobles it put them on par in Noble count as us. With the addition of 3,000 CS of militia in the Chateau, I don't think we could've broken the Chateau.

Also, it should be noted that the Prophet traveled to Phantaria to personally tell Kale not to escalate the war or "suffer the consequences" which Kale interpreted as the Prophet's way of telling Kale he would back a full crusade against Phantaria if Kale pushed the issue.

Furthermore, now Phantaria looks/is the bullied state. We have sympathy and the Theocracy in the Chateau looks like the bad guys. As opposed to Phantaria being forever labeled the guys who fought a Crusade/enemy of SA.

Indeed, I don't think it was a bad decision for Phantaria. You guys played it safe, and it could benefit you greatly in the end. Maybe, as some claim, you could have resisted the Church... but you would have made a lot of enemies even (especially) had you succeeded. I'm far from convinced it would have been worth it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron